Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In next month I'll be getting my 2017 scat pack... What are the must haves? I hear alot about jonah tunes.... What kind of tuner do i need? I'll be asking for alot of help to unleash the beast.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Congrats in advance and welcome. The Scat Pack tends to unleash itself.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the welcomes.... So how does the challenger stack up against mustang and camero?

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Scat Pack matches well with the new 2SS. It's a driver's race.

Scat Pack always win against the Mustangs because... You know how they prefer to run into the crowds rather. >:)

It is quite the phenomenon.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,027 Posts
Welcome from California ;) And just because our cars are big, no Jonah tunes (Johan may be a choice though ;) )

A Guy

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome! I’d wait on a tuner until you started throwing performance mods on the car. Nothing sucks like paying for multiple tunes like I did when I went from bolt ons, to full bolt ons and then heads cam build and paid over and over again for new tunes. I spent over 2k on Ecm/Tcm tunes on my vette because I didn’t have a clear cut mod plan as it was ever changing based on extra income as I got it.

Exhaust is pretty much a waste except for maybe long tubes, since the active stock cat back flows well(and sounds good when the exhaust valves stay open in track mode via the Tazer). An intake and a tazer are reasonably cheap mods that may pick up a tenth or two in the 1/4. I have a hellcat airbox and tube on my 16 scat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
641 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your Challenger. Wait until you get a clear vision of your goal before you start dropping $ on mods. The Challenger is hot out of the box and most bolt on mods are expensive with relatively small returns. While determining your goal you may want to consider a couple of inexpensive mods. An oil catch can to keep harmful vapors out of the intake system and a Zautomotive Tazer to add features and functionality. Good luck with the new ride.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Oil catch can and Hellcat air box + air filter are two great mods to start, these cars really don't need much else IMO.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so I bought my car today... I need help.... My seat heat and vent button come in the go off in like 3 seconds

1 - 14 of 14 Posts