Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are their tunes compared to the ones from DCX Depot? Would it be worth it for a car that just has a CAI and cutouts?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I have been hearing great things about Josh up at HHP, I have also heard of good tunes picking up 30 hp in the mid range and 15 to 20 on the top. If you do it I would schedule a dyno with wide band capability and run logs. I will tell you a good tune is unbelievable. I picked up 40 hp (im supercharged) but knocked 1/2 second off with it. The throttle response changes were un believable.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I don't know about HHP email tunes but I do know that the email tune a friend got from DCX made a difference. He dynoed 393 RWHP and 404 RWTQ after the tune. His major mod was a MOPAR CAI. While I didn't dyno my car after installing the email tune I got from DCX, from a butt dyno perspective the tune seem to make a difference. The car seem to make more power down low. My mods at the time were AFE Stage 2 and MOPAR cat-back exhaust. I imagine HHP email tunes done by Josh will give you the same or better results. Josh is one of the best hemi tuners in the country.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
How are their tunes compared to the ones from DCX Depot....
it doesn't work like that. these guys are not sending you fixed tunes that they have already set. each tune is custom made off of the information you send them with the data logs you record from your car. the tune is only as good as the guy reading the info you sent and making the adjustments to your tune. this process of sending in your data logs and the shop tuner making adjustments make go back and forth a few times until he is pleased with the final version of your data logs.

the end result is a custom tune specific to your car. this is almost the same as getting a custom CMR dyno tune. only you are using the street for the dyno and you are the one recording the data logs. the process of reading and interpreting the logs you send in and the logs the guy gets on the dyno is the same.

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
IMHO a wideband a/f with data logging is the only real way to go for proper tuning. Additionally a EGT gauge and data logging tops it off. Without it, you or the tuner have NO way of knowing your A/f is, too fat less power, piston fuel wash occurs and damage. Too little, you get knk and lean out, less power, and motor damage. Of course they can guess and get kinda close, from using info collected on the hundreds of tunes made. Its still a guess, but an educated guess. Now days very few of us know how to really, read a plug for tuning.
Information data is very important for tuning, Good luck
FlatTop.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
IMHO a wideband a/f with data logging is the only real way to go for proper tuning. Additionally a EGT gauge and data logging tops it off. Without it, you or the tuner have NO way of knowing your A/f is, too fat less power, piston fuel wash occurs and damage. Too little, you get knk and lean out, less power, and motor damage. Of course they can guess and get kinda close, from using info collected on the hundreds of tunes made. Its still a guess, but an educated guess. Now days very few of us know how to really, read a plug for tuning.
Information data is very important for tuning, Good luck
FlatTop.

best to use air fuel and a dyno and do some tuning.. im very happy with my email tune

1 - 6 of 6 Posts