Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about this package for Trixies car since Buddaboy ran a 10.80 which was one of the fastest cars at Atco even faster than AJ 440 and the strokers from Arrington.
or should I buy a Maggie?
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
165 Posts
The HHP stage 2 package is hands down the best 6.1 system out there for daily driveability and over all performance. There are other packages that will take it down low and up high, but across the board it can't be beat and is easy to tune.

Also don't even begin to compare Budoboys times to anyone else in the field. Being 1000lbs lighter is a major advantage.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How big's the cam?

How much drivability does Trixie want (need)?
well i like the stage 4 stuff but she won't like the lumpty lump so probaly stage 2

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The HHP stage 2 package is hands down the best 6.1 system out there for daily driveability and over all performance. There are other packages that will take it down low and up high, but across the board it can't be beat and is easy to tune.

Also don't even begin to compare Budoboys times to anyone else in the field. Being 1000lbs lighter is a major advantage.
that dudes car is wicked nice looking and all the way from cali to whip some as$ at Atco, quite impressive

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Get the Magna Charger its a good daily 6 psi kit with plenty room to grow down the road.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm not sure i want to deal with all the data logging and tune changes with the blower. The Heads and Cam are a proven safe power adder, and Josh's stuff is top notch.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I wonder if the stage 2 heads from HPP are similiar to PWRs 2.10" / 1.60" intake and exhaust performance heads or if the HPP heads are just ported stock heads.

·
Banned
804 Posts
I wonder if the stage 2 heads from HPP are similiar to PWRs 2.10" / 1.60" intake and exhaust performance heads or if the HPP heads are just ported stock heads.
Psssst......PWR's heads are just ported stock heads too! There are NO aftermarket castings for a GenIII Hemi atm.

·
Vendor
935 Posts
We (HHP) do actually use the stock valves in order to make more power. The proof is out there. Against what others will tell you, or try and sell you on, there is a disadvantage to running heavier stainless steel valves when you're limited to a valve spring that is designed to control a hollow stem light weight valve. The hollow stem OEM valve is NASCAR technology at it's finest. If the factory thought they could get away with solid stem valves, they certainly would have since they are much cheaper. Eventually others will realize this or you guys will catch on. lol

Jeff (budoboy), the record holder, is our fastest Stage 2 car at around 600 or 700 lbs lighter than a stock no options Charger, which is heavier than a Challenger by about 100lbs I believe. Our second fastest Stage 2 car is right behind Jeff at 11.0's (Mao in Cali) and there are a few more in the low 11's. We don't have many guys that actually do a lot of racing with this package unfortunately, even though it's our most popular - most customers just want turn-key, no-problem, fast street cars. For comparison, I would probably say AJ's 440 car is probably around the same weight (or close to it) and all of the other stripped down strokers at Atco weren't too far behind these two so it's not like a super light head and cam car is out there beating full weight stroker cars. Tony Bischoff (winner of the 2010 Engine Masters Challenge with a 5.7L based HEMI making 700 NA hp!) designed our Stage 2 package for us back in 2006 and it hasn't changed until now, with the advanced version of the camshaft we call the Stage 2R - same cam specs, instead of running a 117 centerline we advanced it to a 113 centerline to bring in more low end. This advancement was originally designed to run in the 6-Speed cars which need more low end torque, but it's worked awesome in the automatics as well so we now use it in both.

Joshua, HHP

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Good Stuff Josh!!!

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Sounds like a grudge match at home coming up, build it right and detune it for now, notch it up as she want a little more, I hate paying for things to be done two or three times.
Tout09

1 - 20 of 102 Posts