Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my name is omar, i am fairly new here and was wondering to get some advice from people who know about challengers. i'm trying the best i can but can use some suggestions, i'm trtrying to boost the hoursepower on my 2010 SE but i do not know where to start i will be purchasing a K&N cai but i am confussed on what exhaust to get, please anyone, suggestions????

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,577 Posts
Welcome to the forum Omar,

I don't know a thing about SE exhaust, but I do know the search function here works pretty well. Go there and type in something like "SE exhaust" and I'll be you'll find some answers. There have been two full model years made and so that means there are a lot of posts that have been made here over that time.

Happy hunting...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help i'll visit that website, i have also been reading that some people install RT exhaust on thier SE is that possible? will it make a difference ???

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
welcome Omar.

lots of reading ahead for you LOL. yes R/T exhaust will work on SE many have done it. My advice though. don't put a lot of money into SE go fast mods. spend your money on appearance improvements. SE is a great cruising car but it's it's a 3.5L and it it what it is.

good luck and welcome again

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks that's going to save me a lot of time. I was thinking of simply installing a K&N CAI, a dual exhaust, and a preditor programmer. What do you think ?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Welcome from an SE owner to another!

listen to IDMTfirefighter, I have only put a CAI, tuner and exhaust on my SE for the "quickness factor." thats all you really need and it does the trick unless you wanna spend TONS of money on a supercharger or turbo kit. My exhaust is custom dual with flowmaster 40 mufflers. just an idea.

Most of my money is spent on styling mods.

Good luck and welcome again

·
Registered
294 Posts
Unless you intend to enter some kind of competitive motorsport a CAI, after cat exhaust and a Predator are all you need to make driving an SE even more enjoyable. Be careful about exhaust systems. Too large of a pipe diameter can reduce torque.

Magnaflow Technology

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Elite Techneek , how do you go about installing a custom exhaust? I like the magnaflow but for the SE I am not feeling the circle tips, I am looking more of a square-rectangular tip how do I do that?

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
294 Posts
A lot of SE owners install the stock RT mufflers and exhaust and seem quite pleased with the result. Many of the RT owners on this forum change their stock exhaust for an aftermarket one and post their used system for sale here in for sale section of the forum.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will that boost up the horsepower and the sound of my SE, Like let's say a magnaflow or Borla exhaust would?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Elite Techneek , how do you go about installing a custom exhaust? I like the magnaflow but for the SE I am not feeling the circle tips, I am looking more of a square-rectangular tip how do I do that?

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App
I took my car to a local exhaust place and they used 2.5inch pipes with the flowmaster mufflers. I had them use SRT exhaust tips that I bought used.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I cannot give you an accurate answer to that question. I have no personal knowledge of this install only what I have read on this forum. Also while there is an improvement in horsepower many change the exhaust system because they want more of a traditional muscle car sound any horsepower improvement is almost a bonus. When you read the posts you see that most comment on the sound the system makes and not the improvement in performance. The improvement in performance can be quite subtle and while you can see it in elapsed times and on the dyno but the seat of your pants is not as sensitive it takes several mods to make an improvement that you can really notice.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info it is seriously going to be helpful when I figure out what I'm going to do to it.
Elite Techneek do you have a video posted on YouTube or something I would love to see how it sounds.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
unless you want the looks of a CAI intake a K&N drop in will net you about as good as a CAI for hp gains.
lots of people have complained of loss of low end torque with true duals on the 3.5L
I would go for a single in dual out set up if you want the dual look exhaust
Jones, magnaflow, flowmaster is a matter of preferance.
you can search youtube for sound files to get an idea

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks that's really going to come in handy.
I didn't really understand what meant about the K&N intake, which one do you suggest I should install?

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
K&N makes both replacement intake assemblies with cone filters and also replacement lifetime reusable rectangular filters for the stock air box (this is a K&N drop in filter).

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I spend to much time looking at exhaust for my SE, I wanted a good sound but not alot of cabin noise. After much debate i called a local exhuast shop went with a true dual exhaust with what they called them a GT turbo muffler and used SRT tips and R/T valance with the square cut outs. they used alot of the exhaust pipe that came on the car and made a new one for the left side saved me some money but i love it nice low rumble and not to much cabin noise unless you step on it hard. "if i could figure out how to post pics i would" But like many people have i dont wonder about perfromance just try to make it look fast!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
just put the R/T exaust on mine and it sounds great inside the car...still sounds like a v6 outside but hey its a v6....i also added a K & N drop in filter not the CAI...pulled the intake silencer off and it sounds great inside plus there is a noticeable difference in get up and go....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts