Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, sorry to be pain from over the pond. I hope you all had a good thanks giving !!
I'm looking at a Challenger over here and the dealership has told me that the cowl cover is missing and they have sent photos. They don't have any intention of replacing it. To help negotiate the price. Can anyone identify the hood type and tell me if the cowl is available and how much ??
Thank You
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Wheel Motor vehicle

· Registered
611 Posts
If it's an aftermarket hood, see if there are any identifying numbers or manufacturer names underneath the hood. If not, you may never find a cowl cover for it, or it never had one to available to begin with. This may be why the dealer is not replacing it either. Perhaps yet another bargaining tool to lower the price if you want to pursue buying it.

· Registered
2016 RT A8 Blacktop
263 Posts
Is it a walk away car ??

If it isn't can someone give me details of someone who sells them ? I can only find ones listed for Hellcat.

Or replace with whatever found in here

Walk away because plastic missing? No.
Walk away because its 3.6 fake srt? You decide do you want only v6

Cant find VIN anywhere. Get it and check how bad was the damage - i guess its salvage from USA like all challengers around here.
Then decide do you want or not. Mine was salvage but only right front damage plus airbags - so no problem.

· Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus
86 Posts
Did some quick googleing. Can't be 100% sure but it seems that the VIN of the car is 2C3CDZAG8HH633729.

And it is a 2017 SXT (not 2020 like they claim in the ad)

Here's how it looked before the "SRT makeover".

The fact that it has driven ~55,000 miles after the rebuild shows that there shouldn't be anything fundamentally wrong with it. But still some caution is advised.

· Registered
2016 RT A8 Blacktop
263 Posts
So they are trying to make a SXT v6 appear to be a SRT Demon V8
Lets say 8 challengers out of 10 sold here have hellcat bumper and hood. Most are ordinary RTs repaired. Some sxt. Its the usual way to repair - order that front end from ebay.

Link above shows all challengers sold here at the moment what are atleast v8. Only two are salvage-free.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can only assume the dealer ( a Subaru franchise) has took it in a part exchange. If it was accident repaired in the US or EU it would not show on any checks conducted in the UK. The advert has been very honest in the fact it is not SRT. The year it is advertising is off as its wearing a 2016 registration plate.
I may still maybe interested in it if they take into account that is proven to be the accident one that Maddo has highlighted

· Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
469 Posts
Hi,
.just a FYI but if that is a factory Demon Hood you need a vin and proof of ownership to order any parts specific for a Demon, like the Hood scoop insert.

Not to say it's not possible to get a part but it took me a year and a half to get the air inlet bezel that mounts to the underside of those hoods, luckily I managed to get the scoop you're missing from a dealership that had it in stock and didn't follow FCA's procedures.

There is also a company making a carbon fiber insert, rather pricey, not sure it would work on a aftermarket hood

Regards,
Jim

· Registered
2016 RT A8 Blacktop
263 Posts
Id think over seas sellers are trying to mask up a wrecked car to sell it remind me of this in the Movie Christine...
I guess its something you guy over there dont understand. Allmost every challenger sold hetr has USA salvage history in here. Thats something what is normal. Important is how bad the accident was. One RT has been for sale a year because carfax pictures are too bad - basicly whole front was missing. Others usualy go in few days. Nobody is trying to hide or mask anything - vin code is allways available and everyone can search the history. Its business to buy salvage from auction, repair, usualy use hellcat look and sell for reasonable price. Those very rare few ones what are originaly bought from dealer here are going for 40-50% higher price and nobody is buying them because its too much.

I will post my car here for an example. Ive driven a year with it and 17k kms. Everything is straight and fine.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

I dont know how many new challengers are sold per year , but i guess the number is 1 or less. It costs 60k+ and people are buyng bmws and audis for that money.
Total there are 145 challengers in whole country registered atm out of 900k vechiles registered.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts