Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm Charlie... I live in Southeast Texas. Took delivery on a '14 R/T Classic on February 4th. Ordered it with the following options:

R/T Classic
Jazz Blue w/black stripes
Automatic
Anti-Spin rear diff.
730 N with Navigation
Sound Group 2
Interior appearance group (wow the really make their money on that option)

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
Congrats and welcome from the Austin Area...

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Welcome from Houston
Where abouts are you in SE Texas?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Welcome from my new home Houston!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, fellas.

I am about 40 minutes north of Beaumont... up in the woods.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker
137 Posts
Hi all. I'm Charlie... I live in Southeast Texas. Took delivery on a '14 R/T Classic on February 4th. Ordered it with the following options:

R/T Classic
Jazz Blue w/black stripes
Automatic
Anti-Spin rear diff.
730 N with Navigation
Sound Group 2
Interior appearance group (wow the really make their money on that option)
Would it be out of order to ask what kind of deal you got? I'm looking to order almost the same thing soon excluding the interior package and color.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would it be out of order to ask what kind of deal you got?
Not at all.

Sticker price with options was 39,585.

I was able to get employee pricing with the company I work for... so I pay 1% below invoice... I think that brought it to 37,095.

Since the car was delivered February 4th, I got 3000 cash back. Had it been delivered the day before, it would have been 2000 cash back... so I made out good there. I really didn't expect to get that extra grand, but it was awesome when he told me I did! I was so tickled about the extra grand that I took the salesman to lunch!

Walking out the door, TT&L, it cost me $36,938.91

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And by the way, for that price, they could have included a glove box light!

·
Registered
2014 Shaker
137 Posts
Not at all.

Sticker price with options was 39,585.

I was able to get employee pricing with the company I work for... so I pay 1% below invoice... I think that brought it to 37,095.

Since the car was delivered February 4th, I got 3000 cash back. Had it been delivered the day before, it would have been 2000 cash back... so I made out good there. I really didn't expect to get that extra grand, but it was awesome when he told me I did! I was so tickled about the extra grand that I took the salesman to lunch!

Walking out the door, TT&L, it cost me $36,938.91
Nice! Maybe I'll just have you order mine for that 1% under invoice haha. I'm aiming for 36,000 out the door with discount and incentives.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice! Maybe I'll just have you order mine for that 1% under invoice haha. I'm aiming for 36,000 out the door with discount and incentives.
Stumpy:

Truth be told, the dealer I went to is new, and was offering a slightly better deal than I got. It was, however, very slight. My father ordered a new Laramie from the same dealer two weeks after I ordered my car. They gave him 500 below invoice... just because they are trying to beat everyone else's pricing and get themselves established (this used to be an Allen Samuels dealer and was recently sold).

I was unaware of their 500 below invoice until my father mentioned it to me. He said they offered that to him off the bat... he didn't need to haggle them.

In any case, I was still tickled about the 3 grand over the 2 grand mentioned previously.
BTW, I didn't have to pay extra for the "Hemi-Tick"... it was free with my purchase!! :) Unfortunately, I am having a vibration issue that can be followed here......

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f188/rhythmic-vibration-factory-169953/

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome to CT. I used to live in Austin. I need to move back. Looks like we have a lot of Challenger owners in TX.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker
137 Posts
Stumpy:

Truth be told, the dealer I went to is new, and was offering a slightly better deal than I got. It was, however, very slight. My father ordered a new Laramie from the same dealer two weeks after I ordered my car. They gave him 500 below invoice... just because they are trying to beat everyone else's pricing and get themselves established (this used to be an Allen Samuels dealer and was recently sold).

I was unaware of their 500 below invoice until my father mentioned it to me. He said they offered that to him off the bat... he didn't need to haggle them.

In any case, I was still tickled about the 3 grand over the 2 grand mentioned previously.
BTW, I didn't have to pay extra for the "Hemi-Tick"... it was free with my purchase!! :) Unfortunately, I am having a vibration issue that can be followed here......

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f188/rhythmic-vibration-factory-169953/
Well thanks for the information and congratulations on both your new car and the great deal you got. I hope you get your problem smoothed out without too much trouble. By the way I'm a Texan as well. I live in NE Texas.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Charlie, Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Congrats on a beautiful ride! Greetings and welcome to CT from Spring, Texas.

:icon_cheers:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Welcome from Conroe TX!!! Gratz on the new ride!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts