Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Challenger R/T Redline
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.

I am a new member from the Las Vegas area. We recently picked up a 6 speed, 2014 Challenger R/T with the Redline Package for my wife.

We have Been waiting for awhile for the planets to align to pick up a challenger and it finally happened this month. With prices falling through the floor, we picked this beast up for way less than I could have even six months ago.

Being a Mopar guy all of my life I've been drooling over the Challengers since I saw one of the concept cars in person at Mopar at the Strip years ago. I started driving in a 73 Coronet, and have had quite a number of fun Mopars since the 80s. Variety ranges From a cloneed 68Gtx Convertible, to a 78 Fury, even had an Omni. Shortly after 2000 I picked up the 65 Dart that was in our barn for a number of years before my dad let me picked it up from him.

I've been really happy with the performance of this car. This car was fully loaded. The low gears and the six speed work quite well together. Looking to learn more about performance options and and have been reading a lot in this forum since last weekend. With past experience, i know that upgrades on a Mopar will cost more than it would on the GM or Ford's counterparts. That's always expected. Mopars have always come stock with the upgrades the other guys have to pay $$$ add.

I am a member of Mopar of Las Vegas and have know Smilin' Ed and a lot of the members since 2004.

Regards
--Tom

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,011 Posts
Welcome from California Tom ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
Ordered 02/20/2020 - 2020 1320
134 Posts
An Omni? Nice, I actually wouldn't mind owning an old GLHS. Saw one guy with one I believe out of PA that was running in the 10's with the little 4 cylinder.

Anyway, Welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
An Omni? Nice, I actually wouldn't mind owning an old GLHS. Saw one guy with one I believe out of PA that was running in the 10's with the little 4 cylinder.

Anyway, Welcome from Texas!
My brother ran a GLHS for a few years. It was a 11 second car. Mine wasnt the performanveodel, just a cheap little car.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,261 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
393 Posts
Being a Mopar guy all of my life I've been drooling over the Challengers since I saw one of the concept cars in person at Mopar at the Strip years ago.
Same story here, went to Mopars at the Strip and saw the cover pulled off the concept car and fell in love. That was in ‘06, 14 years ago now. Spent years reading and looking at them until I finally bought mine.

Welcome from just outside Spokane.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello, Tom and welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your Challenger. There is a ton of information about our platform with supporting vendors who can get you where you want to go. Hope you stick around and find this forum useful!
Thank You, I plan to stick around. I work a lot, so I may be lurking just inside the new posts...
Same story here, went to Mopars at the Strip and saw the cover pulled off the concept car and fell in love. That was in ‘06, 14 years ago now. Spent years reading and looking at them until I finally bought mine.

Welcome from just outside Spokane.
Thanks.

Mopars at the Strip turned to Muscle cars at the Strip a few years ago when the dealership owned by the founder was closed my Ma Mopar. It is still a great Mopar show. Cancelled this year. Next year will be fun for sure.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
393 Posts
Mopars at the Strip turned to Muscle cars at the Strip a few years ago when the dealership owned by the founder was closed my Ma Mopar. It is still a great Mopar show.
We went 3 years in a row, '06 being the last. Been saying every year we would go again, but something always seems to get in the way.

Was pretty disappointed when I saw it change from Mopars at the Strip to Musclecars at the Strip, glad to hear it is still a great Mopar show.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts