Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
My name is Onyx, and for my Xmas/bday present I got a slightly used (4,000 miles) 2013 Hemi Orange Challenger R/T 6- speed manual. I am new to modern American muscle cars. I've driven tuner imports for the last 20 years or so, and as such, I have a lot to learn. I thought the car was stock, but after reading the forum, I think it's had some mods.

It has functional hood vents, orange piping in doors and front frame, tinted windows, no hood bar, instead it has hydraulic lifts instead. It has hood pins with coated wires attached, the baffles have been removed from the mufflers, and an engine shroud with orange striping to match color of car. It has blue led lights in trunk, tag lamp, and map lights.

I've bought led strips for the puddle lights but haven't installed yet. First purchase will be cold air induction kit. Next I want Trinity tuner. Not sure what to do next. I want blue oracle halo lights and underbody kit in blue.

I doubt you want to know anything personal about me, but if you do.....just ask!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Congrats on your new to you RT! You will learn a lot on here but please run high octane gas in her.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: LadyOnyx

·
Registered
426 Posts
Welcome, and to repeat what Steve said, use high octane! That's one of the more important things Hemi newbies never do. Congrats on the new ride! Post some pictures of it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! My tuners always ran premium grade gas, so...I never considered anything else but for this one :)

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Welcome...

In addition to muscle, I've owned my share of ricers and tuners. They were fun. But this is a whole new ballgame. You will soon realize this. Welcome!

·
Banned
290 Posts
In addition to muscle, I've owned my share of ricers and tuners. They were fun. But this is a whole new ballgame. You will soon realize this. Welcome!
Truth.

Also, the cold air intake will net you some noise, that's about it. Under-body kit...yeah I would skip on that.

This is not a Honda.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Congrats and welcome to ChallengerTalk!

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is an awesome forum. It will be useful I'm sure! Welcome from Virginia!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
82 Posts
I say do as YOU please with your new ride. It is yours to do as YOU like. You will get a lot of opinions here on what people like on their challengers. But we all have different taste and I like to see how each person makes it their own ! I might not like what someone else does to their challenger. But it does give me ideas about what to do to mine or not do to mine. So I say go for it and smile every time someone say I would have done this or that instead of this or that. It is YOUR money, time, and taste ! Show some pictures and welcome from south Texas. Not for sure where onxy world is but it must be a cool place if it has a challenger there

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey there. I've owned 2 mr2 spyders, toyota celica gts, 3 civic si's, Subaru wrx, and traded out of a lancer evo. None were stock :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I say do as YOU please with your new ride. It is yours to do as YOU like. You will get a lot of opinions here on what people like on their challengers. But we all have different taste and I like to see how each person makes it their own ! I might not like what someone else does to their challenger. But it does give me ideas about what to do to mine or not do to mine. So I say go for it and smile every time someone say I would have done this or that instead of this or that. It is YOUR money, time, and taste ! Show some pictures and welcome from south Texas. Not for sure where onxy world is but it must be a cool place if it has a challenger there
You just became my favorite person on here. I don't really have a "home", I can't stay put. Onyx World, people play by my rules and on my playground. For today, I live in Alabama, but that's subject to change. I can earn anywhere. ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Greetings from Central Illinois... Congrats on the car for sure! At some point in time there will come a day when you will have to tell us the story behind your name...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts