Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my new 2010 Challenger R/T Classic, Deep Water Blue Pearl, and thought I'd stop in and say hi. I'm hoping the rest of you will help me out with any of the questions I'm going to have about my new baby. I'm in love with this car!

Now for my first question. This car had been sitting in the dealer's show room since November 2009, except for a week or so when the boss man drove it. As of right now, it has 563 miles on it. I'm thinking I should change the oil. The owner's manual says 6,000 miles or 6 months, whichever comes first; it passed the 6 month mark a long time ago. Also, the salesman said I should have it serviced at the dealer. I'm of the opinion that their oil changes and stuff are rip-offs. I have a local repair shop that I've gone to for years to have my daily driver serviced, and I would feel much better about paying their resonable rates for oil changes, tire roations, etc. Resale and the Carfax report don't mean a thing to me, because I plan on driving this car until the day I die, and then be buried in it. Should I change the oil now? And should I save a couple bucks and go to the non-dealer shop?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Welcome to the forum. as long as the shop you go to gives you what Dodge says that's all that counts. I would get the oil changed if for nothing else you know what's in it and when it was done.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Congrats on the new ride :thumbsup: and welcome to the forum.

You came to the right place to get your questions answered. :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Welcome from San Diego!

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I would like to say welcome to the best Challenger Forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the Admin/Moderators.

Also, please be sure to read General Forum Rules - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Thanks for joining our forum, please enjoy and we look forward to your participation. :bigthumb:

I would change out to a synthetic oil at 1000 to 1500 miles and let somebody do the first oil change as king kong put the oil filter on from the factory. Better yet the dealership should do your first one for free see if they will...

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
Welcome. Glad you joined us. We now have 18,474 members and growing daily! You'll find that this is the best Challenger forum on the web.

One word of caution, however. It may prove to be very expensive for you...because of all the great ideas you will get to mod your Challenger R/T Classic.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Welcome from Ohio... boy... that car sat along time before it was bought by you..

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes and advice. I have to bring it back to the dealer for the new car cleanup; I bought it after the service department left for the day. I'll see about having them change the oil then.

I may have to hit up challenger fest2. I actually live in Bowling Green and would love to floor it without worrying about a speeding ticket. I still haven't seen what this bad boy can do.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Definitely take it to the local reliable shop. Dealerships don't care about your repeat business.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
welcome to CT :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts