Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Don Wolf and I have a 2009 Dodge Challenger with the 3.5L, V-6 engine! The car was my dads and I inherited it after his passing in November of 2017. I would've chosen a V-8 model but...Lol. Anyways...In this past year, I've done the basics!! Full Eibach suspension shocks, springs & swaybars with BMR swaybar end links! I've done Wilwood 14.25" big brake kits on the front & rear of the car & used Wilwood EXP 600 Plus brake fluid in the system! A cheapie but decent CAI & a chrome fuel door that my dad n I installed together!! A UPR oil catch can, Hood shocks/struts instead of the ol' hood prop! Lol. Functional hood scoops installed instead of the NON-functioning ones and hood decals! Sound deadened the ENTIRE car, (even some under the car as well) which I'll NEVER EVER...do again, UHG...to say the least!! Lol. Full aftermarket stereo system plus a 12" sub in the trunk! Only 1500 watts!! Added an OEM trunk decklid carpet after sound deadening material was done! Cat-back true dual, quad-tipped Borla Type-S exhaust system with JBA headers (headers not yet installed)! I went with the 20" Demon rep wheels (9.5" wide fronts & 10.5" wide rears) with BFGoodridge tires! The car now is sitting where it should be!!! : ) I also realigned the tail lights and the trunk deck lid, the best I could!! Turned out almost perfect!! : ) LEDs inside but nothing outside till I find something good and decent!! Installed the Pedal Commander, which surprisingly turned out to be an unbelievably awesome upgrade!!! And last but not least...window tint! Lol. 35% fronts, 15% rear windows!! Shoulda went a little darker but...wanted to keep her legal! I installed BMR Performance steering rack bushings & replaced that damn plastic strip along the tops of the doors too!! I didn't use any staples or glue, so they wouldn't crack again!! They stay RIGHT in place just pushing them onto the top of the door panels!! I think I got everything, for now anyway!! Other things about me...I'm 44 years old and I love motorcycles as well!!

·
Super Moderator
12,882 Posts
Welcome from California Don ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Welcome from NC! Sorry to hear about your dad! I am sure he would be proud of what you have done to the car! Would love to see a few pics!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, I appreciate that... And I hope he'd be proud of me for what I have done with it!! As for pics, I just have to figure out how to do that! Lol. I'm very new to this forum stuff...Lol... Ok, I hope this works!! If you cant see the pics, please let me know!!! Also...THANK you for the welcome, NC!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
Welcome and sorry to hear about your dad. I’m sure he’d be proud of all the work you have put into it.
Good looking car, I’m a sucker for blues and have a 13’ RT in jazz blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome

My name is Don Wolf and I have a 2009 Dodge Challenger with the 3.5L, V-6 engine! The car was my dads and I inherited it after his passing in November of 2017. I would've chosen a V-8 model but...Lol. Anyways...In this past year, I've done the basics!! Full Eibach suspension shocks, springs & swaybars with BMR swaybar end links! I've done Wilwood 14.25" big brake kits on the front & rear of the car & used Wilwood EXP 600 Plus brake fluid in the system! A cheapie but decent CAI & a chrome fuel door that my dad n I installed together!! A UPR oil catch can, Hood shocks/struts instead of the ol' hood prop! Lol. Functional hood scoops installed instead of the NON-functioning ones and hood decals! Sound deadened the ENTIRE car, (even some under the car as well) which I'll NEVER EVER...do again, UHG...to say the least!! Lol. Full aftermarket stereo system plus a 12" sub in the trunk! Only 1500 watts!! Added an OEM trunk decklid carpet after sound deadening material was done! Cat-back true dual, quad-tipped Borla Type-S exhaust system with JBA headers (headers not yet installed)! I went with the 20" Demon rep wheels (9.5" wide fronts & 10.5" wide rears) with BFGoodridge tires! The car now is sitting where it should be!!! : ) I also realigned the tail lights and the trunk deck lid, the best I could!! Turned out almost perfect!! : ) LEDs inside but nothing outside till I find something good and decent!! Installed the Pedal Commander, which surprisingly turned out to be an unbelievably awesome upgrade!!! And last but not least...window tint! Lol. 35% fronts, 15% rear windows!! Shoulda went a little darker but...wanted to keep her legal! I installed BMR Performance steering rack bushings & replaced that damn plastic strip along the tops of the doors too!! I didn't use any staples or glue, so they wouldn't crack again!! They stay RIGHT in place just pushing them onto the top of the door panels!! I think I got everything, for now anyway!! Other things about me...I'm 44 years old and I love motorcycles as well!!

Welcome Don
I am brand new to the Challenger Family (both car and forum). Sounds like you got on a great jump on the car and sorry to hear about your dad, but his memory will live on 1/4 mile at a time with you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome Don!!

Welcome Don
I am brand new to the Challenger Family (both car and forum) as well. Sounds like you got on a great jump on the car and sorry to hear about your dad, but his memory will live on 1/4 mile at a time with you. I am still trying to figure out my 2010 SE and from the looks of it, its damn near impossible to not want more and more and more.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, thank you n I appreciate that... And yea, I'd hope he'd be proud of me for what I've done with her!! And I'm a sucker for the blue too!! Mine I believe is called... Deep Ocean Blue Pearl! But dont quote me though!! Lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, I think so, n thank you!! I'm a year into owning one now and VERY new to the forum thing myself!! Lol... And you'll get it figured out!!! And hell yes on the wantn more n more n more!!! : )

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey Don
Blue is actually my favorite color as well, but the deal on got on mine, I couldn't pass up. But the kid working the dealership needs some additional training....mine is Inferno Red Pearl not "Red-ish" as stated on the keys!!! You know, now that I own it, it kinda matters!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's actually very funny that they even wrote that on there!! Lol... And yea, I would think it would matter!! And blues been my favorite color for as long as I can remember!! Lol...

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Don, Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts