Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I did not order the interior package with GWE SRT and an looking at car covers for the cold winters up in Alaska while my Green beast sleeps outside, sad but true. I plan on not using the car for at least 6 months in a row during the winter months and want the best for my new car. I have found Auto Armor 5 layer car cover to be the best value so far.

I am also wondering if there is 10 best things to do, before storing your car list? Any tips would be great!

I also read its not good to strap down the car cover as it will scratch the paint? Sounds good, but we have 80 mph winds in the winter. :scratchhead:

Thanks AK907

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I would think an inside storage would be alot better Idea. If not and you have juice nearby you'll need to make sure you teather the battery. If not I know it's kinda a dumb looking kitchen decoration but you really can't leave your battery in the car for 6 months discharging without it messing something up.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will install a battery tender/charger, I have seen some that have solar panel so you dont have to plug in? or else pull the battery out like I do for the camper. Thank you for the reply. AK907:bigthumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts