Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i recently decided to take the plunge and convert my lights to Hid. So i bought this headlight assembly off of car id and a hid conversion kit from diode dynamics. My guy at the garage told me the bulb doesn't fit so i am turning to you guys for help.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
You bought headlight capsules that take an H9 bulb and an HID Conversion kit that has H13 bulbs (at least that's what it looks like) CarID has free online product support
chat, they can confirm.

·
Registered
625 Posts
You bought headlight capsules that take an H9 bulb and an HID Conversion kit that has H13 bulbs (at least that's what it looks like) CarID has free online product support
chat, they can confirm.

Confirmed. Not sure how the high beam function works though. The H9 bulb is single filament usually designed for fog lamps. Maybe they have a relay installed?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
Confirmed. Not sure how the high beam function works though. The H9 bulb is single filament usually designed for fog lamps. Maybe they have a relay installed?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Yeah I have no idea with aftermarket headlight capsules. The factory capsules require a dual filament bulb or
in the case of HID they need to be "Bi Xenon" to have the High/Low Function.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts