Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure that all of the different options have been discussed on this forum many times, but I'm looking for more basic information - I have zero experience or knowledge about what is required to install either, do I purchase them separately or do I have to install them together, etc. If someone can point me to a specific post or website, that would be great.

One of my specific questions is, can I (or should I) install Halo fog lamps only, or do I need to do all the headlights as well?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Best bet, from the research I have done, is to go with AAC. They install them at their workshop, but this requires you to send off your headlights. At least this is how I think you have to do it. I am looking to do this myself and havent got a straight answer yet. Do know that it is extremely difficult to do yourself, again from what I have been told. Ill call AAC today and see what they say and post again on here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Best bet, from the research I have done, is to go with AAC. They install them at their workshop, but this requires you to send off your headlights. At least this is how I think you have to do it. I am looking to do this myself and havent got a straight answer yet. Do know that it is extremely difficult to do yourself, again from what I have been told. Ill call AAC today and see what they say and post again on here.
Talk to Johnathon at AAC and he'll hook you up. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Average cost on the Halos to be installed?

·
Registered
909 Posts
I had my headlights and fog lights done by AAC. I sent them down to them, they installed them in the assemblies and then I installed them back into the car. I have the CCFL halos in halogen headlights. The CCFLs are fragile. I've had two break and one burn out in less than a year. I would recommend LEDs if you don't have the stomach for having to rip them out and sending them back. I personally like the look of CCFLs better than LEDs. Also, so I wasn't out of commission, I bought a used set of headlight assemblies and another set of fog lights and sent them down to have done originally. When one broke I swapped it out with my original assembly, so I could still drive the car. My husband and I can drop the bumper in about an hour now. We're getting good at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts