Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

So kid you not, we are leaving San Bernardino this morning at 4am to take the wife's 2010 SE to Plum Creative Creations in AZ to swap her 3.5L for a 5.7L and had no main headlights. I found that when I checked the oil yesterday and closed the hood it crushed the fuse link and showed slight meltage on the bulb side. I tried replacing the fuse, didn't work. I tried direct wiring without the fusible link and it still didn't work. I have fog lights, turn signal, Center grill and marker lights. Just no main HID lights.The kit (55W Canbus Headlight Conversion Kit HID Bi-Xenon Bulbs Hi-Lo H13 9008 6000K) has worked perfect for over a year so I know that it was all related to yesterday. Anyone have any guidance or advice that will help save me some troubleshooting time?

Thanks in advance,

Dan and Danelle
San Bernardino, CA

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,561 Posts
Dan, did you confirm with a volt meter that you are getting power to the HID box? Where is the kit pulling power from, from the jumper terminal at the front fuse box or is it tapped off a different line?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is run from the + lead off the front fuse box in the engine bay, yes. I haven't metered it, we were just heading out. I removed a fusible link and ran it to Rex and even then it didn't come on. I definitely know I need to do some more troubleshooting but we are on our way to get on the road so I figured I'd throw a few questions out there just some heads up on where to start troubleshooting when we get to Arizona

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,561 Posts
Did you try running a new temporary line from the terminal to the HID box? Although I would not try a direct connection but one with a 20amp. Do your high beams work...you will be a hated man but you could use them as a temporary solution? :dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts