Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm lost as to why people don't forge and boost the mess out of the 5.7 using Twin turbo? I remember seeing somewhere they got a 5.7 to 1087HP using a twin turbo set up. Now this was just for dyno runs and seeing when the engine would pop, but why don't we do that? Fully forge the 5.7/392 then boost the mess out of it? Is it because it's not street friendly at this point due to
The high octane needed or?? Most 426 SC are around 900 or so? I feel like I'm
Missing something. Sorry for the nooby question.

·
Vendor
12,206 Posts
the question is why would someone want 1000hps for a street driven vehicle, anything above 600 hps is useless on the street.....never hook up, quicky to drive etc
Luke

·
Premium Member
10,155 Posts
the question is why would someone want 1000hps for a street driven vehicle, anything above 600 hps is useless on the street.....never hook up, quicky to drive etc
Luke
This!

There is a thing as "too much power" for the street lol

1000 hp cars should really be race cars.

Even the cars that come factory stock with 600+ - you are not going to be able to use all of it on the street lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
Okay, that makes more sense. Thanks to those who chimed in!
Lucky for us not everyone does what makes sense.

But the previous post are right about what is practical power for a real driver.

Really the furthest you would need to go is one of the 6-7psi supercharger kits that are out there.

FYI several companies are still offering rebates till the end of the year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts