Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see Mangaflow has a kit for the 5.7L listed with both high flow cats, but are listed off road only. They also have a set of single cats where you purchase the left from the right and they look like the other set but have different part numbers obviously because they are sold one at a time not as a set. They are listed 49 state street legal.

Anyone use either, know if both are 49 state legal, have any cel's or recommend something different?

I have JBA shorties, and corsa cat back, want something thats 49 state street legal. Whats that good for 5-10hp?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have the same set-up, Corsa, JBA Shorties.
I bought the JBA High Flow Cats.
Nice fit and sound.

Brad

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the same set-up, Corsa, JBA Shorties.
I bought the JBA High Flow Cats.
Nice fit and sound.

Brad
Any CEL's?
Did you do any dyno testing before and after?
Did you need to richen up the a/f raitio?
Do you have a wideband O2?

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That does look interesting. Its important not to get a cel, but for some they also want 49 state street legal with certs.

Most dont realize that removing the cats, or even high flows make the exhaust louder, and risk drone, so looks like they have designed it properly.

I want to see the R/T version, AND no one has mentioned tuning. More flow, more air, = leaner a/f, same with headers. It isnt so critical for me as I have a wideband O2, but hopefully people dont load the DiabloSport tunes which allready lean it, then slap on headers, high flows, and cat back, then wonder why they loose power when their a/f ratio is 13.5:1 at WOT

·
Registered
287 Posts
Any CEL's?
No codes of any kind.
Installed them while tuning at the track.
Again, was tuning the Challenger with Datalogs and e-mail tunes.
Yes, and kept an eye on it during runs.

Take into consideration all of this was going on with a Magnacharger just installed.

Brad

·
Registered
72 Posts
Any CEL's?
mine throw cells

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I have the the solo cats with about 750 miles on them and have no cel. I have a stock tune( no tune) and the Mach x exhaust. And a cervinis cai. This is my second set from them. The first set I had over 2000 miles on with no cel. The reason for the second set is they redesigned them with a resonator. They were to loud. I have very little drone. Very little. It's a small trade off. what they recommend is after install you let the car adjust to the new flow by a long idle at initial start up then granma drive for the first fifty miles so the computer adapts to the new flow rate. It seems the work. It hasn't set any cel yet

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mine throw cells
Thanks

I have the the solo cats with about 750 miles on them and have no cel. I have a stock tune( no tune) and the Mach x exhaust. And a cervinis cai. This is my second set from them. The first set I had over 2000 miles on with no cel. The reason for the second set is they redesigned them with a resonator. They were to loud. I have very little drone. Very little. It's a small trade off. what they recommend is after install you let the car adjust to the new flow by a long idle at initial start up then granma drive for the first fifty miles so the computer adapts to the new flow rate. It seems the work. It hasn't set any cel yet
Thanks. That helps.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
i would imagine the reason the Solos dont throw cel's is because they have a larger element in them. I wonder if that means they have less flow than the Kooks or ARH or other brands out there.

I just realized my ARH h flow cats havent thrown a code in a couple of months. I did the o2 extenders and steel wool trick to them.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im no expert, but its likley its more restrictive. I think I read that they use an element from magnaflow, so its weard magnaflow would make a kit that throws cels

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Vendor
974 Posts
i would imagine the reason the Solos dont throw cel's is because they have a larger element in them. I wonder if that means they have less flow than the Kooks or ARH or other brands out there.

I just realized my ARH h flow cats havent thrown a code in a couple of months. I did the o2 extenders and steel wool trick to them.
Our internal substrate is actually the freest flowing on the market with the exception of going catless. We use a 200 cell internal core, and are able to keep the CEL off by using our in-house made 02 extenders. Have a great day:)

Steve

·
Vendor
974 Posts
What is the cost for your high flow cats?
We will be running a group buy on the SRT-8 converters starting as early as tomorrow. They will be $797 shipped, with a 15% discount for the group buy. During the group buy, they will be $677.45 shipped after the discount. The cats will have a resonator on the assembly as well, and will be bolt on.

·
Vendor
974 Posts
will you be posting flow test results to show the flow rates of the different cats?
The lower the cell count number, the more flow...stock is somewhere in the 700-800 cell range, and ours are 200 cell...the most free flowing converter that won't throw a CEL:) Each converter is rated for 6.0L per side.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The clame little increase in sound, but they also have a resonator to eleminate drone. Thats what make them the best.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have the Solo high flow cats with JBA shorties and Magnaflow catback. Installed the cats and shorties at the same time-very slight increase in sound volume vs the catback alone. Sorry no video for you but the difference is so small I doubt you would notice on a posted video. No CEL's!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts