Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 challenger 5.7 with a borla s catback. Am I able to add high flow cats then later add on long tubes? Or do they need to get added on together?

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have a 2016 challenger 5.7 with a borla s catback. Am I able to add high flow cats then later add on long tubes? Or do they need to get added on together?

Together.
The longtube midpipes do not connect to the factory manifolds, only longtubes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So just want to clear it up. If I get high flow cats they will not fit the factory manifold so I would have to change them out to long tubes.

Together.
The longtube midpipes do not connect to the factory manifolds, only longtubes.

·
Registered
611 Posts
So just want to clear it up. If I get high flow cats they will not fit the factory manifold so I would have to change them out to long tubes.

Correct.
You can buy pipes that delete the factory cats (don’t think there are high flow pipes out there). These will connect to the stock logs or shorty manifolds.

Longtubes extend farther down than shorties and thus require a different style midpipe (where the high flow cats would be). So you would need to do longtubes to do the high flows. Or if you did a cat delete or high flow pipes only, you would get rid of said pipes when you went to longtubes. They are mutually exclusive.

First picture shows factory style mid (cat delete) pipes, second picture shows how the longtubes mate to a different style midpipe: IMG_7993.jpg IMG_7994.jpg

·
Registered
408 Posts
Correct.
You can buy pipes that delete the factory cats (don’t think there are high flow pipes out there). These will connect to the stock logs or shorty manifolds.

Longtubes extend farther down than shorties and thus require a different style midpipe (where the high flow cats would be). So you would need to do longtubes to do the high flows. Or if you did a cat delete or high flow pipes only, you would get rid of said pipes when you went to longtubes. They are mutually exclusive.

First picture shows factory style mid (cat delete) pipes, second picture shows how the longtubes mate to a different style midpipe: View attachment 947085 View attachment 947087

There’s something about those afe headers that I like !!! Just not the price :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Powerstick
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing