Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a few people here that are near HPR and I just wanted to say that I will likely be there for open lapping on June 29th and 30th. It would be awesome to see some Mopars running around the track that I can catch on my Harry's Lap Timer video. If this sounds like something you would be interested in then send me a message or something and I will keep an eye out for you. I have two camp spots reserved next to the track. Of course this is just spirited driving and not a timed racing event....

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking of doing the open lapping day on the 30th along with a couple of friends.
That'd be great. If you do, I will be up on the front row closest to the track. Won't be hard to miss a white Challenger. I am sure I will see you guys if you roll in. Last year I was the only Mopar there.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I was out there on Easter Sunday with fresh Pirelli 285/40 summer tires and took 5 seconds off my personal best. Amaizing improvement over the OEM 275 all seasons.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was out there on Easter Sunday with fresh Pirelli 285/40 summer tires and took 5 seconds off my personal best. Amaizing improvement over the OEM 275 all seasons.
Nice! Sure would be cool if you could make another trip :) Just saying...

I just want to see how fellow Challengers do business and also see if there are ways I can do things different. The fastest time I ran on a cleanish lap was 2:18.9 and I felt that I definately left a lot on the table. I think I can get it around 2:13ish with stickier tires and technique. I am also completely stock. One thing I am going to change to see if it makes a difference is I am going to use the paddles this time around. I let the car shift last time and it did well for the most part, but the power was rarely smooth. I would take a turn and then get into the power and then it would kick down and go balls out for a moment until I got up to speed. I would like to actually be in a gear and stay in that gear throughout the turn and on into the stretch.

What are your times?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts