Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting significant vibration all over as I approach triple digit speeds. Am at 25k miles on the original tires and will be replacing them soon. Could the vibration be caused by worn tires? They have worn evenly with no cupping.
Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Yes, worn tires can cause vibrations. I'd probably start with the new tires & then troubleshoot from there if tires don't fix it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, kind of confirms what I thought as the vibration seemed gradual as the tires wore. It's time for new rubber anyway. Now to decide what to go with, I'd like to get more than 25k out of them. I'm going up to 275s from 245s on my 15 SPS. Any suggestions on brand?

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
I've used Michelin Sport A/S 3+ tires on other cars & been very happy with them. Some tire tests show them performing as good as or better than many summer tires. Some research on Tire Rack or Discount Tire is time well spent. There are a lot of options & not all will fit your needs.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm in FL. so my main concern is traction on rainy days. And just traction in general.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can confirm that my 2015 Scat Pack on new Firestone Indy 500s is rock stable at 155mph. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I like the sound of that cuz I am looking real hard at the Indy 500s. What size did you go with on your Scat Pack?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like the sound of that cuz I am looking real hard at the Indy 500s. What size did you go with on your Scat Pack?

275's all around. I have H&R lowering springs and nothing rubs at all at any time. Rock solid combination. Straight up summer tires so if you live somewhere that gets cold and/or snowy, you'll need another set of tired come November, but that is what I planned. I only need "winter" tires for 3 to 4 months here on the west side of Washington State.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was planning on 275s. I think I'll leave the ride height the way it is.
I'm in North Florida so no need for winter tires for me.
Post a pic of your SP, I'd love to see how they look.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice. No SP badging, sleeper...

Yeah, I bought it used. The previous owner did the hood wrap and badge deletes. Not even a Challenger emblem on it. Only the R/T in the grill is still in place. Definitely difficult to figure out what is under the hood from the outside. Though the brakes are a giveaway for anyone who knows what they are looking for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts