Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all......

Was wondering who's got the highest mileage on our Challengers??

Post the YEAR, ENGINE and MILES.

Thanks!

Reactions: Greg55_99

·
Registered
404 Posts
I know I'm nowhere near the highest mileage....but for a 2015 I have to be close:

2015 Scat Pack 392. 39,000 miles.
Apologies to the Op for the slight hijack of his thread with this question.

Interesting that you've put that kind of mileage on a SP. How do you view your cost to operate? Most here, it seems, don't daily drive their Scat Packs.

I am a driver of this car, with my 2013 RT at near 90K, but I'm seriously looking at the 392 when I retire my current baby, since power is addictive and I'm jonesing for more. The 5.7 has been reliable as a hammer. Is your SP as good?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Apologies to the Op for the slight hijack of his thread with this question.

Interesting that you've put that kind of mileage on a SP. How do you view your cost to operate? Most here, it seems, don't daily drive their Scat Packs.

I am a driver of this car, with my 2013 RT at near 90K, but I'm seriously looking at the 392 when I retire my current baby, since power is addictive and I'm jonesing for more. The 5.7 has been reliable as a hammer. Is your SP as good?
I've owned both a 5.7 Charger and a 6.4 Challenger. Reliability isn't even a question...it's been perfect as a daily driver, no issues so far at all.

Most of my daily commute (70 miles round-trip) is open highway, so I haven't even noticed a hit on my fuel budget coming from the 5.7 to the 6.4.

I'm like you...I didn't buy the car to look at, I bought it to drive. Sure, in 38K miles, I've racked up a couple chips in the paint that I've had to touch-up, and I've had to have my windshield repair by Safelite last fall.

My only complaint has been the stock Scat Pack Tires (Goodyear F1's) only gave me about 19,000 miles before they needed replaced. I bought a set of Nitto Motivo's with a 60,000 Mile Treadlife Warranty last week to replace my Goodyears (in the 16 months I've had the car, 8 of them were on Blizzak's, and 8 were on the Goodyears).

·
Registered
817 Posts
2014 R/T here. 40k miles and everyone always tells me, "You shouldn't drive it so much." I'm sorry? I thought people buy cars to drive them. If I wanted to look at it, I would buy a poster and save a ton of money.

·
Registered
261 Posts
2015 here with only 3k miles. I WILL catch up however. it is my daily driver and I'm not afraid to put the miles on it. 25K on the other one.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Great thread. looking forward to reading about the Challenger with the highest mileage. Extra points for having the most original parts still attached?

·
Registered
130 Posts
2010, 3.5L, 91,000+. I'm sure it isn't the highest mileage, but probably in the top 10%. DD for the past 5 1/2 years.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've owned both a 5.7 Charger and a 6.4 Challenger. Reliability isn't even a question...it's been perfect as a daily driver, no issues so far at all.

Most of my daily commute (70 miles round-trip) is open highway, so I haven't even noticed a hit on my fuel budget coming from the 5.7 to the 6.4.

I'm like you...I didn't buy the car to look at, I bought it to drive. Sure, in 38K miles, I've racked up a couple chips in the paint that I've had to touch-up, and I've had to have my windshield repair by Safelite last fall.

My only complaint has been the stock Scat Pack Tires (Goodyear F1's) only gave me about 19,000 miles before they needed replaced. I bought a set of Nitto Motivo's with a 60,000 Mile Treadlife Warranty last week to replace my Goodyears (in the 16 months I've had the car, 8 of them were on Blizzak's, and 8 were on the Goodyears).
Thanks for the response, though I think we both bought it to look at it, only from behind the drivers wheel :grin2:. One reason I love the silver is it wears the road dust well.

Yup, I'm about to replace my windshield a second time and get some paintless repair on the hood. Went with BFG Comp AS2 for the third set, looking at retiring the original shocks and maybe a spring swap. Replaced the speakers with JL Audio C2's all around-highly recommended.

So when I get the SP, it'll be 8 cylinders, 6 speeds, even less waiting.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I started a thread like this on the R/T section…..so far there are 2 or 3 guys with over 200,000 miles on their 5.7's.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I started a thread like this on the R/T section…..so far there are 2 or 3 guys with over 200,000 miles on their 5.7's.
Awesome!

Miles like that lessen my fears of buying a used R/T with say 120 plus thousand miles in the future!

Reactions: sr71cbx

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
2015 here with only 3k miles. I WILL catch up however. it is my daily driver and I'm not afraid to put the miles on it. 25K on the other one.
Yeay though I shall drive through the darkened valley of Daily Commutes, I will fear no Evil, for I know that I am the baddest mofo in that valley.

·
Registered
404 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Reactions: sr71cbx

·
Registered
407 Posts
2012 RT bought with 2k miles and now sits with 31k miles.

But, it's only seen a handful of commutes. The miles were accumulated from 2 Spring Rod Runs, 2 Hot Rod Power Tours, The BlueRidge Parkway, Woodward Dream Cruise and Route 66 from Chicago to LA.

Ton of memories

·
Registered
104 Posts
My black 2012 6 speed manual R/T 5.7 w/68,100 miles on it as of this afternoon. This done since Sept. 2012 when I bought it new.
This car has about 90% highway miles and has spent most of that above 80 mph. Burns regular swill just fine on long road trips.
Flowmaster American Thunder catback exhaust and K&N cold air intake are its only mods, mileage averages 25 mpg on long road runs.

Cars were meant to be driven, not parked!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts