Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
2010 SE Challenger 3.5L - 215,345 miles as of this morning. Needs a replacement passengers side camshaft. Otherwise, good as gold.

Greg

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
A question for those who had over 75K miles:

Did you have body corrosion?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Bad daytona

·
Registered
234 Posts
A question for those who had over 75K miles:

Did you have body corrosion?

I have none. Zero. Get a free car wash with each oil change and because I cover so many miles, I generally get that done every three weeks or 3000 - 4000 miles. I live in Massachusetts and yes they use salt on the road.

Greg

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
2009, 3.5L, 92,000+ and running great

Reactions: gearset807

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
2010 SE Challenger 3.5L - 215,345 miles as of this morning. Needs a replacement passengers side camshaft. Otherwise, good as gold.

Greg

WOW! That's awesome!

I think you're the high mileage champ! :thumbsup:

So it's all stock engine and tranny?
Have you replaced any parts like fuel pump, alternator ect.........

·
Registered
234 Posts
WOW! That's awesome!

I think you're the high mileage champ! :thumbsup:

So it's all stock engine and tranny?
Have you replaced any parts like fuel pump, alternator ect.........

All stock 3.5l V6 with original fuel pump, alternator, AC compressor, transmission, throttle body, etc.

Only things replaced are brakes, rocker arms, water pump, radio, windshield, three tail light bulbs, heater blower, timing and accessory belts and drivers side tie rod. I'll have to replace the passengers side camshaft.

My journey with this car is documented here;

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f38/well-boys-i-ve-rolled-her-91476/

Greg

·
Registered
631 Posts
It's certainly nice to see people drive their cars. It kills me to see super low mileage 3-4 year old cars knowing those owners missed out on so much excitement and good times. Are they saving the car for the next owner?

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
I'm a low mileage guy. I'm not missing out either. I drive my truck and SUV when the weather is bad. I don't particularly like driving my Challenger to work, although I occasionally do. I drive my challenger when I feel like it. I don't feel like I'm missing out or saving it for the future or another driver. If I felt like driving more I would.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
My R/T currently has 41000 miles on the Odometer. I've had a few stuff done under warranty but nothing major. Loving it more and more everyday!

This thread definitely needs to be bumped/updated:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Do I win anything? 2010 Challenger SE 3.5L V6 bought new in May of 2010.

Greg
You definitely should win something, like bragging rights on this forum at the very least. I see your post is from about a year ago. What are you at now?

My 2016 Scat Pack is only at 73,000 km. It's a daily. I plan on driving this thing pretty much forever. Unless something beyond my control happens to it, or somehow Dodge manages to get me to trade in, which I don't plan on doing. Maybe one day I'll catch up to that!

My 2010 R/T had 83,000 km when I traded it for my 16. I was the original owner. So altogether I've driven 150,000+ km in a Challenger of some sort.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
319 Posts
I've got a 2016 R/T with 55k miles. I bought it last Sept and have already put about 15k miles on it. it's my daily and I commute about 80 miles per day. No problems fortunately. I'm glad to hear all these other 5.7l are so reliable.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You definitely should win something, like bragging rights on this forum at the very least. I see your post is from about a year ago. What are you at now?

My 2016 Scat Pack is only at 73,000 km. It's a daily. I plan on driving this thing pretty much forever. Unless something beyond my control happens to it, or somehow Dodge manages to get me to trade in, which I don't plan on doing. Maybe one day I'll catch up to that!

My 2010 R/T had 83,000 km when I traded it for my 16. I was the original owner. So altogether I've driven 150,000+ km in a Challenger of some sort.
Well, I finally let the Challenger go nearly a year ago. Sold it on to a gent that wanted to turn it into something else. He knew what he was getting. Picked up a 2019 Dodge Charger Pursuit Hemi AWD to replace it.

Greg

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
15 sxt plus 89K And I haven’t changed a single thing but oil.
I would look at doing a brake fluid flush even if you don't need brakes. Just a suggestion.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts