Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just an FYI for anyone whose car has the
highline TPMS monitoring system in their Challenger (EVIC displays individual PSI values at each corner).

When it comes to Dodge’s highline TPMS, you should employ the “Trust, but verify!” approach to diagnosing sensor issues. I won’t bore you with the details of how I learned my lesson on this, but I will say I blindly trusted mine, and it cost me $60 more than necessary, not to mention the labor of pulling wheels and taking them to be serviced and reinstalling them.

For example, my EVIC tells me my LR sensor is MIA. However, it is confused, wrong, lying, or all of the above. The bad sensor is actually in the opposite wheel (the RR one).

But before you think the whole system is hosed, check this out: the system has the front wheels’ PSI values correctly positioned. It is only the rear wheels’ sensors that it cannot correctly position on the car.

Technology Font Electronic device Display device Car

Obviously yours may or may not be similarly confused, hence my suggestion to always “Trust, but verify!” when diagnosing an MIA sensor according to your EVIC.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Absolutely. Unfortunately if one sensor is missing or defective, the TPM module has a hard time localizing them. So it can guess wrong when showing the locations.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At least the system is capable of recognizing the new sensor and incorporating its input into the dash readout. I was preparing to go have someone try to tell the TPMS module there is a new sensor, etc. Good thing I decided to verify the problem wheel, or I might have looked like a real dullard in the tire place!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts