Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little guy ran out in front of me and hit the corner of my splitter/bumper.
I have only had the car for two weeks and I'm already repairing it. I am not happy but it could have been worse I suppose.

Here are a couple pics of the damage:
Splitter separated from the bumper and fog light set back

This one is of the outer part of the grill

To me this looks like the grill has an outer portion that is separate from the inner.

Could someone be able to tell me if the lower grill is a 2-piecer? Also is anybody selling either portion? I checked my dealers parts department and they don't even have the lower grill as an item to buy. Any help or advise is much appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Steve Whites prices are the best by a long shot but the shipping of an item that long is what kills you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
The shipping's not too bad, as long as it isn't a large item. Most items more than make up for the shipping with their pricing.
Also, on Steve White's stuff, if you use discount code "cha1" at the checkout, you get an extra discount.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The shipping's not too bad, as long as it isn't a large item. Most items more than make up for the shipping with their pricing.
Also, on Steve White's stuff, if you use discount code "cha1" at the checkout, you get an extra discount.

Good tip! Thanks again

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
The lip that hold the spoiler in is broken a bit at the corner but I suspect if the assembly was pushed back up into position, it would probably hold.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The lip that hold the spoiler in is broken a bit at the corner but I suspect if the assembly was pushed back up into position, it would probably hold.
That would be nice, however I had a body shop guy at the dealer tell me it would never sit up against the bumper right again. I'll be getting the car up on ramps tonight to assess the damage better. It would be nice if I could just skank it and secure the splitter back without having to replace it.

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,272 Posts
well put it up on ramps and try to fix it,,worse case scenario is you have to replace it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts