Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So a while back I hit the front lip of my car on a parking barrier. The lip itself is okay since I only hit the bottom. But the impact knocked my lower grill insert off (pushed back maybe 1/2") and its kind of loose and looks like a couple of the tabs have broken. Its still in tight, and only moves if I push/pull it. Ive tried pulling it back onto the tabs, but it just goes back into the position its in.

Ive been looking everywhere to try to see what the cost of replacing that one piece would be, but have been unable to find anything.

I was also wondering how difficult of a job it is to do this at home, if I can find a replacement.

Any insight is appreciated. Its bugging the hell out of me. :SM030::SM030:

·
Registered
235 Posts
What model year? Not that hard, just a lot of plastic rivets to remove and/or replace and the hardest part was two nuts to remove one on each side up by the headlights.. reaching and 1/8 turns with wrench. I did mine on the ground too.

2011+ ill get you the part numbers and prices when I get home. IIRC that part is like $70-100 ish

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 2012 sxt plus.

Those pictures really help a lot. Ive been struggling to visualize what the inside of the bumper looked like.
Thanks a bunch!

Where did you order yours?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BUMP.

Does anyone know what the part number is for the lower grill on the 2012 challenger? And perhaps have a schematic or diagram of how it attaches to the bumper?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts