Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A.J. "hemituner" sent me a slightly larger pulley to address the issue I've been having with HAL shutting things down at high boost. The pulley dropped my boost about 1 psi, and it worked like a charm. Now I can keep my foot in it.

Wanted to test it so greyfriedmagnum and a couple of other SpaceCity LXers hit Royal Purple Raceway (where Forum Wars was held) after dinner with the family. Slapped on my club's 18" Nitto 555r's in the rear. Ran my skinnies up front (67 lb 275/40/20's...LOL!). Got a few runs in...the place gets packed on Friday Test & Tune nights.

I have some work to do on the launches at this track...lots of sliding even after I smoked the 555r's good in the burnout box. Did manage a couple of 1.9 0-60 fts with my stick car, but I got to 1.8's in a dinky little track in Sealy that seems to have better prep. :scratchhead:

.033 seconds short of hitting 11's again, but I'll gettem next time :)

HemiSam

My lightweight skinnies :bigthumb:

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Nice run's Sam very consistent good to see your girl back up and running :)
duplicating 11's with the 6 speed is tough to do wait till you get the M&H on it's a much better DR

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys! The M&H's and some more seat time should help get my girl out of the hole a bit better. I'm leaving some time on the table... My 3-4 shift on that last run was up there with the geriatric olympics...LOL! Dropped the clutch pedal all the way to the floor :scratchhead: Showed up in my trap speed.

HemiSam

·
Registered
165 Posts
Killer Sam!, funny AJ and I were talking the other day about your car. I said hey why don't you drop her down a notch and see how it runs. But I was thinking 3-4 pounds, not 1 :p.

BTW, so what's the body fat % on these bad boys..

LOL, we have one of those scales at home too. Gessiz, you got to program in this and that....whatever happened to just a regular everyday scale, WTF?!.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HA! Yeah, Cam...my wife bought that thing and she's as low tech as they get. Hands it off to me like a hot potato and say "set this up dear...". Code for it's your job ;-)

It just occurred to me, but we should have had Butch register for the Texas Mile. I expect that beast you built for him would have posted some serious speed.

HemiSam

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Killer Sam!, funny AJ and I were talking the other day about your car. I said hey why don't you drop her down a notch and see how it runs. But I was thinking 3-4 pounds, not 1 :p.

BTW, so what's the body fat % on these bad boys..

LOL, we have one of those scales at home too. Gessiz, you got to program in this and that....whatever happened to just a regular everyday scale, WTF?!.
i've been telling him that for 6 months. your wasting your breath.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It just occurred to me, but we should have had Butch register for the Texas Mile. I expect that beast you built for him would have posted some serious speed.

HemiSam
Huummmmmm, that car is very capable of 200. I'll give ole Butch a call and see if he's interested. Last week I talked with him about bringing to car out to SF and then I'll take it to Mopars on the strip and run it.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, 04. Magnuson blower...SRT5939's favorite...LOL!

Cam - it sold out in 4.5 hours but they're taking wait lists and it's amazing how many no-shows we'll have even though they paid. Would like to meet Butch and see that bad boy you cooked up for him. Might have to steal that lower grill you made for him ;-)

NS - thanks brother!

HemiSam

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Sam good running, On the edge of 11s bro. You far south guys are lucky to have a tracks open this time of year, good air.
I have 2 months of wishing yet.
FT

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
70 degrees right now, Gene. Good stuff. Humidity's up there too...reminds me where I live ;-)

HemiSam

7,359 Posts
You guys have me thinking about something as Im heading to so Cal this spring once with hit the nice climate I may lay over in Tx a night and hit a local track to get a run or two in as I wont see a track open here in MI till late spring.
I have to admit we do get some serious cool summer nights here in MI when the wind is off the lake US 31 drag(Martin,MI) way is perfect for those summer nights with nothing to do and its 30 mins from my house!
I may hit the track more than I think this year for fun when bored.
Now Im really pumped to travel 6k accross america in my ride!

HS, man that hurts:
70 degrees man its 22 here today with a huge storm coming I cant wait to head south..11's are coming for yah I see it......:guiness:

70 degrees right now, Gene. Good stuff. Humidity's up there too...reminds me where I live ;-)

HemiSam

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Won't be long till you are low 11's Sam.
Alex you got to remember it's a 6 speed and were all having issues getting out of the hole...
but having a panty dropper it's easy gettin in :browsmiley:

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You guys have me thinking about something as Im heading to so Cal this spring once with hit the nice climate I may lay over in Tx a night and hit a local track to get a run or two in as I wont see a track open here in MI till late spring.
I have to admit we do get some serious cool summer nights here in MI when the wind is off the lake US 31 drag(Martin,MI) way is perfect for those summer nights with nothing to do and its 30 mins from my house!
I may hit the track more than I think this year for fun when bored.
Now Im really pumped to travel 6k accross america in my ride!

HS, man that hurts:
70 degrees man its 22 here today with a huge storm coming I cant wait to head south..11's are coming for yah I see it......:guiness:
You'll be laughing at us during the summer, ns. We'll see tripple digits and plenty of humidity without the sea breeze...it's Houston.

I'm hoping the new M&H's will help offset some of the PD blower effect so I can get my 60 ft's down a couple of ticks. That'll put me well into the 11's. Best I could do so far was a 1.8 and that was good for 11.84 :) Mid-11's and I'll be a happy camper.

HemiSam

·
Registered
254 Posts
Nice runs sam! I'll be trying out my M&H tires this Saturday I'll let you know how they do with the 6spd. Hopefully I don't break an axle.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sweet! Would be great to hear your thoughts. I got wheel hop pretty bad my first time I hit the track after the power mods. I got it so bad one time launching that I literally missed by 1-2 shift... I found that if I blip the throttle when I'm crossing the water box before my burnout, and get more water on the tires, I didn't have the wheel hop issue again. Best of luck!

HemiSam

1 - 20 of 31 Posts