Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I simply can not say enough good things about JDM ASTAR Auto LED Bulbs,LED Headlight,Fog Lamps & Turn Signal Brake Tail Light LED lights! Today I got my H13 Gen8 4K lumen 6500K replacement bulbs for my 2010. They plugged right in and didn't even need anything for the CANBUS. The light output is EASILY 3x what the halogens were, plus the light is a beautiful, crisp white. Driving home tonight on the freeway they were reflecting off signs that were a good 1/4 mile away. Many times the light volume on the concrete center divide, on the roadway and on the backs of cars I got behind. To me this is SO much better than trying to do HID conversions and messing with so many different things. This was a quick 10 minute swap start to finish and WHAM, amazing lights!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Thanks for the review - I'm interested. The standard light on my Core stink, and even though I don't drive this car much at night, it would be worth the upgrade!

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the review - I'm interested. The standard light on my Core stink, and even though I don't drive this car much at night, it would be worth the upgrade!
You're welcome! I drove it more tonight and I think I need to adjust the passenger side a little bit - if I'm correct, I'll end up with even more light than I already have. I'll see if I can get any pictures.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
A good picture is about 10 feet back from a solid wall or garage door, shows what the pattern is like. My biggest concern is having a good pattern, and not pointed too high. A Guy

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
A good picture is about 10 feet back from a solid wall or garage door, shows what the pattern is like. My biggest concern is having a good pattern, and not pointed too high. A Guy
The light pattern will be a bit more scattered as the reflector in the headlight housing was designed for a single filament light source, not a very directional LED light source. I would say the overall benefit out weighs this greatly as in the photos that was provide in the topic, you can see how street signs just pop out from the distance. The beam angle can also be adjusted for the tightest pattern with most LED headlight replacements I have seen on the market. LEDs being too high only happens when you adjust them 180 degrees from the normal running position. The headlight housing does most of the work, so if they are focused correctly, your beam height should be just fine.

I have had them installed on my car now for over a year and would never go back. My only problem with the 6500k color is under snow and wet road conditions at night. This is where something a bit more yellow would help you see the road more clearly. My base model 2014 did not come with fog lights so I will add them soon with my retro yellow lenses to help balance things out at night under bad weather conditions.

Some HID owners may not see improvements like standard halogens owners, but I didn't have HID lights, so the improvement was amazing.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do think I need to adjust the right side a little bit as that side seems dimmer. I tried to get a shot in the dead end next to the house last night, but my cell camera sucks.

I do have some high-powered amber fog LED's I just haven't had time to install them. I want to do those and the marine horn at the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts