Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I've been lurking for a while in the forums and learning a lot of tips and advice. I Finally decided to register since i would be buying a challenger soon.

I Test drove both the 5.7 and 6.4 and man how i love the torque of that 6.4! the rear spinned out a little on me once i exited the dealership lol.

Anyways, I'm ordering soon maybe around End Of January a 2018 Black SRT. From what i've been reading here, delivery takes around 1-2 months? Or maybe a little less than that since i live close by from brampton?

Excited to have a challenger soon and i am coming form a 2010 Hyundai 2.0T Genesis coupe. Huge jump for me for the HP and TQ!.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,080 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2018 Billet Silver SRT 392 (1 of 2)
145 Posts
I've only had my 2018 SRT 392 for a month but I love it so far. I have a feeling you will too! I ordered mine and had it in my garage a month later (and I live in Arizona). I was very surprised at how fast it arrived.

Good luck!

saint 0:)

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Hey guys.

I've been lurking for a while in the forums and learning a lot of tips and advice. I Finally decided to register since i would be buying a challenger soon.

I Test drove both the 5.7 and 6.4 and man how i love the torque of that 6.4! the rear spinned out a little on me once i exited the dealership lol.

Anyways, I'm ordering soon maybe around End Of January a 2018 Black SRT. From what i've been reading here, delivery takes around 1-2 months? Or maybe a little less than that since i live close by from brampton?

Excited to have a challenger soon and i am coming form a 2010 Hyundai 2.0T Genesis coupe. Huge jump for me for the HP and TQ!.
Canadian customers seem to have a longer lag time in receiving their orders - for whatever reason that is. [If you in US, this wouldn't factor in]

Canada doesn't get that large of a quantity of sales, so that might be a factor.

Generally 6 - 8 weeks from time of order during the production year is the general rule.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whaaaaattt. No wayyy. How come it's like that here?

That's kinda odd. I was surprised it's like that here. Was expecting it would be shorter.

Hopefully a build 18 SRT would arrive in a dealer here in my color so i won't have to order. Doubt they would have but fingers crossed!.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts

That's kinda odd. I was surprised it's like that here. Was expecting it would be shorter.

Hopefully a build 18 SRT would arrive in a dealer here in my color so i won't have to order. Doubt they would have but fingers crossed!.
For whatever reasons - there's a number of posts from Canadian buyers that their orders had lower priority over the US builds. And SRT 392 quantities are pretty low for Canada.

only 153 for Canada in MY 2017 - spread that out over the 10 provinces - most of those will be in the larger cities: Quebec, Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Vancouver

http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...ls-2008-2015-a-68401/index47.html#post7760801

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

For whatever reasons - there's a number of posts from Canadian buyers that their orders had lower priority over the US builds. And SRT 392 quantities are pretty low for Canada.

only 153 for Canada in MY 2017 - spread that out over the 10 provinces - most of those will be in the larger cities: Quebec, Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Vancouver

http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...ls-2008-2015-a-68401/index47.html#post7760801

Hmmm. Maybe that could be a factor, low in demand for the SRT's. Yeah I saw that thread last nite. I was surprised on how little SRTs we have here in Canada! No wonder I don't see any used ones that much.

I saw a black 18 TA here at a dealer close by, it's not bad but I don't really like the gauges and hence the seats are the black with Alcantara. Plus the discount is only $500 off MSRP says online.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Sales of SRT 392s have been dropping off over the years - even for the 'states.

'15 was highest year for SRT 392 since the refresh and they've been dropping since each successive model year. '17 was lowest yet.

Seems like the split went to SP and Hellcat when those came along.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can see why since people don't need those 6 piston brembos and don't wanna pay $$ when it's time to change the rotor. And I guess some people just want the 6.4 even though it's not fully loaded. Makes sense.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Welcome! We will be waiting........few weeks now. The waiting is the hardest part.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Welcome from Maryland! You’re really going to like your SRT. Post some pictures when you finally get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome! We will be waiting........few weeks now. The waiting is the hardest part.
Yeah I can only imagine! I don't even think I can wait that long lol. Hopefully something pops up at the dealers with my color of choice, transmission and options.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome from Maryland! You’re really going to like your SRT. Post some pictures when you finally get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For sure! Test drove the SRT and that torque pull was nuts!!.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,782 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts