1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
None of the modern colours are truely the same as the high impacts of 40 years ago. So why would this one be?

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
The new B5 has much more flake I believe, but the PCP is probably the closest. To be honest I haven't seen an original ( never painted) PCP next to the new PCP.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Ralph Gilles had mentioned in the video posted in another thread that they like to use modern versions of the old style colors. It would appear as though we won't see any old colors, per se, on these cars, just a newer version of the old colors based on his interview. When you think about the colors that have been released so far, they have all been slightly different (more modernized versions). So we better get used to it.:indifferent:
I agree, sublime would've been an awsome color for this car, not that GWE isn't. After all, sublime was available on the Charger only a few years ago.:scratchhead:

·
Registered
754 Posts
C'mon guys.
you can't expect Chrysler to match the 70's colors when they do somthing like use Tor-Red and Hemi-Orange on the new Challenger.

In the 70's Tor-Red (Plymouth) and Hemi-Orange (Dodge) were the same color (EV2), Now they are 2 different colors and Tor-Red was not even a Dodge color (but now is).

At least Green With Envy isn't being called Sublime.

BTW, I like Green With Envy (so far - need to see it in person).

·
Registered
329 Posts
That's true. Even the B5 and PCP are not the same shade as 1970's. One of my Mopar mag had a guy that brought a new Chally, stripped it and painted it with 70 formula but base/clear and it looked much different than the modern shade.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I love the color for sure. I'm looking forward to seeing one this summer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
70 and 71 B5 were also 2 different colors. 71 was darker more like the electric blue on early 90's dodges. 70 was EB5 71 was GB5, both were B5 but very different. Current B5 is close to the 70 color.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I agree, sublime would've been an awsome color for this car, not that GWE isn't. After all, sublime was available on the Charger only a few years ago.:scratchhead:
And that's the one thing I don't get about GWE vs Sublime! The Charger version of sublime just a few years ago looked great.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
None of the new colors are totally true to the original variants.

Actually, I like the new era version- there's more pearl to them; in the right light they pop a lot more than the old school paints did. Chemistry and application processes have obviously come a very long way in the last 40 years-- you wouldn't want the old school paints.

·
Banned
117 Posts

Actually, I like the new era version- there's more pearl to them; in the right light they pop a lot more than the old school paints did. Chemistry and application processes have obviously come a very long way in the last 40 years-- you wouldn't want the old school paints.
I agree, Torred, Redline, B5, DY and even GWE look way better than the old colors.
The new metallics and pearls really make the colors pop.
DWB, HO, TO, BB, BW, BM, are all great colors too... they all rock that's why it is so hard to choose a color with this damn car!
Keep the old colors for the old cars, give me these new ones anyday.

·
Registered
364 Posts

that is so true! bottom line... they are the modern "interpretations" of some of the colors of the past. frankly, if they used the same colors/paint as before, it wouldn't look as nice. the old colors lacked the depth, clarity, durability and shine of the current colors.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
I agree, Torred, Redline, B5, DY and even GWE look way better than the old colors.
The new metallics and pearls really make the colors pop.
DWB, HO, TO, BB, BW, BM, are all great colors too... they all rock that's why it is so hard to choose a color with this damn car!
Keep the old colors for the old cars, give me these new ones anyday.
And it wouldn't kill them to actually offer Black... not metallic Black,,, just plain old Black BLACK!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
is GWE even close to Sublime? in the photo's i keep seeing it looks no where near it

atleast FF & PCP looked pretty close...you saw the color and said thats PCP and Panther Pink

no one looked at GWE at first and knew it was supposed to be Sublime

it doesnt even look high impact to me...just a medium green

·
Registered
176 Posts
sux

sux they are not going to make the real sublime like the charger from a few years ago. I may need to find a cheap used 2009 SE Challenger with high miles and have my auto body guy paint it that sublime they used on the charger a few years ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts