Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a hole on the top side of their M6 transmission. I was looking for a lost socket today and noticed there is a rather large rectangular hole in my bell housing. This surprised the heck out of me as I've never seen this on any other manual Trans before. My car drives fine, and to my knowledge this has always been there. Thus far it hasn't had any adverse effects on drive ability but it is disturbing.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Is this a machined in hole or a KABOOM hole in the bellhousing? Pics?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pics at the moment, I didn't even think to do that as I was looking for my socket, which I still haven't found. I'm thinking it's on the side of the road somewhere...... That said the car drives fine, and isn't leaking any fluids. It shifts great, unless I get lazy. I can't tell if it is machined or not, due to bad lighting and its location. I'll attempt to get a pic today after work. It's certainly not a Kaboom hole, again based on the location directly on top of the Bell Housing, and the fact that I can still drive the car. I have a somewhat spirited driving style so I know it hasn't blown up on me yet.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT Core
552 Posts
It's a factory machined hole.You would not get any fluid in the bell housing unless your rear main seal or trans seal goes bad.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for clarifying that for me, I was a little worried for a minute there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts