Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the Sniper intake and noticed it has a very similar RPM range to what I’m looking for. Also looks pretty bad ass. Does anyone have any personal experience with it?

·
Registered
895 Posts
I've heard it may be better suited for boosted and big block applications. No real improvement for 6.4L N/A. I'll be trying one on my N/A 426 build but we need lots of air.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve been hearing that, too. But I can’t locate the dyno people are referring to. And it seems to be a singular person all this information is based on. I mean, I think these intakes are brand new.

·
Super Moderator
12,502 Posts
That's the singular person he mentioned in his post above yours ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought one (For my 2018 scat pack) and was looking for info on the needed items I need to install it. A few things to know before buying this.

1. It is configured like a 6.1 intake manifold, A stock air intake from a 2015+ 392 will not work on it.
2. If you have a 6.4 all the wiring harnesses will not work, you need a throttle body extension and IAT harness extension (whatever that is, guessing air intake temp sensor).

I already have a AFE momentum for my 392, I'm probably going to have a welder fabricate what I need for it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought one (For my 2018 scat pack) and was looking for info on the needed items I need to install it. A few things to know before buying this.

1. It is configured like a 6.1 intake manifold, A stock air intake from a 2015+ 392 will not work on it.
2. If you have a 6.4 all the wiring harnesses will not work, you need a throttle body extension and IAT harness extension (whatever that is, guessing air intake temp sensor).

I already have a AFE momentum for my 392, I'm probably going to have a welder fabricate what I need for it.

Definitely let me know how it works out for you! Would love to see some dyno comparisons...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Definitely let me know how it works out for you! Would love to see some dyno comparisons...
Sorry man,

I shipped it back yesterday because,
A. It was 600 ish
B. Will cost another 300 to get it to line up right with custom work
C. Seems to be a performance loss according to some videos, I bought it within the first few days of it coming out

Not worth, gonna put it towards pistons I guess, I don't know what else to do to the car

·
Registered
895 Posts
Looks like for 6.4L performance gains, porting and honing the OE intake, tune plus a Fastman T.B. is a good way to go. Maybe a cam change also.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yeah this product doesn't seem like it would provide any real gain for an otherwise stock NA 392 or 345 for that matter. So many people buy into the idea that you need more intake air, when in reality, you have to make some pretty dramatic changes to the engine before it will require more air than what OE paths provide.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah this product doesn't seem like it would provide any real gain for an otherwise stock NA 392 or 345 for that matter. So many people buy into the idea that you need more intake air, when in reality, you have to make some pretty dramatic changes to the engine before it will require more air than what OE paths provide.
I have a 5.7, but I'll be doing CAI, headers, cam, and 2800 stall torque converter as well. Figured with the advertised RPM range it would be a great fit for the cam I chose. Oh well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is cheaper and more low end torque to put a 392 intake on. I have one on my 5.7 and it is the most bang for the buck mod out there. you don't gain a lot of horsepower, but a ton of torque down low, which these heavy cars need. Stock 0-60 5.0. 392 intake, no tune, 4.7. 392 Intake with JBA shorties, 180 t-stat, hellcat airbox, hemifever tune 4.5.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
2016 RT Challey
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing