Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Bringing this one back from the dead a little bit. I'm finally going to be doing the 392 cam swap in the next month or so and wanted to take one last look at this intake before writing it off. Still nobody else with this intake that has any personal experience with it? Looking for people running an N/A setup.
I hear they are OK for boosted applications. I’m in the middle of an N/A 426 build and my engine builder is not convinced the Sniper hi-ram will let enough air in for our needs. He’s designed a custom hi-ram intake going into the CNC machine next month. Will be interesting to see how that goes.

Also, here’s a great vid. on selecting a cam before you pull the trigger...it’s all about the heads.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger R/T Classic
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I hear they are OK for boosted applications. I’m in the middle of an N/A 426 build and my engine builder is not convinced the Sniper hi-ram will let enough air in for our needs. He’s designed a custom hi-ram intake going into the CNC machine next month. Will be interesting to see how that goes.

Also, here’s a great vid. on selecting a cam before you pull the trigger...it’s all about the heads.

lol Funny that you posted that video. I just made a video on camshafts (not a very technical video). I may hold off on the Holley intake for the time being. I'm just going with a small 392 cam.

Reactions: MiHiHemi

·
Registered
2010 Challenger R/T Classic
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
671 Posts
5.7 Long tubes, full borla exhaust. Intake,tb,coils. Cai. Car pulls hard and revs fast. Next is cam 274 & stabilizers. I let my buddy drive it and he thought it was 6.4. Only drawback from the intake is that it hums at an idle and you have to figure out pcv.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,617 Posts
What kind of work have you done to your car? Does the intake offer any improvement?

A Guy

Reactions: FasterNLouder

·
Registered
1 Posts
The best way to run this intake is boost, sc cam and some headers. Going from the 392 with active runners to the Holley was one of the most notable mod. No dyno numbers but I’m sure I picked up 50 hp. Transition to and from boost is way smoother. It hits hard and pulls even harder with how it runs the rpms up. Oh and my temps drop so fast it’s always cool to the touch. View attachment 979436
PCV is deleted with this, there is ports on the bottom. So I added a metco on the oil fill, ran a line from the port on the oil fill with a check valve to the catch can. I haven’t had any problems with pools of oil, I’m sure I get vapor but don’t care for a built motor I’m happy. If or when it to much oil I’ll take it off and clean it View attachment 979479
This might be a dumb question. So you ran one line for the catch can to the bottom of intake then the other to the nipple on the oil fill?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts