Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
A 392 automatic would give that A8 all it could handle at the drag strip.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hell ya that's what I like to see

·
Super Moderator
15,524 Posts
A 392 automatic would give that A8 all it could handle at the drag strip.

I agree. The A8 turned 12.33 sec. @ 110 mph.

But that turbocharged 6.1 was really fast- a 10.3 with slicks as opposed to the 10.8 time of the Hellcat.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
It's cool...

But I thing the factory engineered build of the Hellcat is in a different league.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Impressive launch by the Challenger, no drama, they just drive away from line at high speed.

Of course, there is almost always something faster, although fuel economy, driveability, and creature comforts just might be "slightly" compromised...

·
Registered
373 Posts
LOL that r8 for it being a "super car" wasn't even good, that second video seemed like he got off the line slower than the other car unless it was the camera angle

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
I'm sure there are plenty of homegrown HC killers, but how many of them come with a factory warranty and all the comforts if you want them???? My bet is none!

·
Registered
541 Posts
The thing about the Hellcat though is that you can walk into your local dealer and buy a 707 hp beast that (with a skilled driver) will do a 10.8. That by itself is pretty cool. Are there faster cars, yes but not ones you just buy off the showroom floor especially from Dodge. My only question is why will people by a Viper than? The current viper has a V-10 and does not put out the power of the Hellcat V-8 and most likely will cost less.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
So,...what happens when someone takes a Hellcat and juices it up a little to gain some extra HP & Torque sauce?
I think we all know the answer to this question.Although the car in this video is impressive a tinkered with Hellcat will see it in the RVM.

Oh,yes,...it will happen.

·
Premium Member
11,797 Posts
The thing about the Hellcat though is that you can walk into your local dealer and buy a 707 hp beast that (with a skilled driver) will do a 10.8. That by itself is pretty cool. Are there faster cars, yes but not ones you just buy off the showroom floor especially from Dodge. My only question is why will people by a Viper than? The current viper has a V-10 and does not put out the power of the Hellcat V-8 and most likely will cost less.
A Viper is 1200 lbs less than a Hellcat and only 60 hp off.

I don't really think its a good comparison there lol

You put a Viper on the Road course and Hellcat, the Hellcat will be eaten alive.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
If I remember right, didn't the Viper run an 11.3 for one of the magazines. That would be with stock tires and M6. So Viper should have no problems with M6 Hellcat at the drag strip. Of course, Viper will run circles around the Hellcat on any type of road course. And Viper has more upside power potential, as it gets 640 hp with 0 lbs of boost.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
There's also a review or article that they had to rein in the hellcat in order to pass some tests. Like the noise drive by test.

It might have been Flattop or Dan from Allpar.

Seems there's quite a bit more in it from how it read.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that's seen that. I just can't remember the link, or id post it.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Can't wait to see what the new Z07 Vette does with 60 hp less (maybe even less by the time it hits the street) and over 900lbs lighter. That should chase some Cat's around the track pretty good too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts