Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally! Picked up my new Challenger (That I foolishly squandered my fortune on with frivolous enhancements that did not add 1 HP or 1 MPH to the car. ;)) from the detail shop yesterday after 3 weeks there. This being 1 day short of 4 months since I placed my order! The PPF on the fender flare I had an issue with was completely redone and is now perfect. The free Ceramic they added (due to delays in delivery) on the wheels and windshield also really added more shine to both. Here are some pics from the photo shoot. I am really pleased and glad I endured the lengthy process.
I don't want this to turn into a wall of words but suffice it to say that after I left the detail shop, mayhem ensued! No damage or injuries and I will post the details in another thread with some of my first impressions of this awesome machine. My sincere thanks to everyone here that put up with my mindless ruminations as I aimlessly wandered through this exercise in the my test of patience. For now, I am going to practice my shifting!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille
Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window
Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Land vehicle
Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Automotive parking light Daytime Blue Vehicle Cloud

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
681 Posts
Looks great, I am glad you finally got to drive it home. You are a more patient man than me, I doubt I could have endured a four month wait.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
877 Posts
That is stunning! Congratulations on sticking it out and getting exactly what you want.

#NeverSettle

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
544 Posts
Looks amazing dude. Love how that Indigo Blue pops in the sunlight. Now that this process is finally over. You need to start driving it everywhere to enjoy it. Also glad you took off that banana peel

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Looks great, I am glad you finally got to drive it home. You are a more patient man than me, I doubt I could have endured a four month wait.
Actually 13 weeks. You can't count 3 weeks at a detail shop. I can't imagine any car taking 3 weeks to detail but that is beside the point. 13 weeks to get a special-order vehicle is pretty darn quick.

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mindless ruminations????? Oh, don't be so hard on yourself. We hardly noticed!!! The car looks great. I hope you put a whole tank of high test through it by sundown!. Can't wait for your BRIEF driving report, if that would even be possible!!

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Hellraisin M6
357 Posts
Gorgeous piece of machinery right there. Very happy to finally see you take delivery of it. Enjoy the sunny days!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Beautiful car SKT PK 9 Man, and an excellent photo shoot. The clouds reflecting on the hood look like they could be painted on it! Very nice.

Reactions: Loopy

·
Registered
440 Posts
car looks awesome, if it makes you feel better mine is sitting in my heated garage with me only having driven it on and off the trailer, waiting on the detail guy to do his thing on the 15th. i made the appointment when the dealer said the car would be here on the 7th and he is so busy he could not move it up.

i guess i still have been able to do some mods, the shaker riser, hellcat air tube and speedlogix catch can, waiting on the zl1 side skirts till the ppf is on.

yours looks so great that it makes me think maybe i need to up my game and go with the ceramic too, ill talk with the guy when i drop it off and see what he suggests, im just not looking to add it if it needs yearly reapplication.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts