Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, what's the frequency range of my factory homelink of my 2008 srt8 US car?

My European Novoferm garagedoor remote says 433Mhz. (digital 302 with gray back) and I cannot get homelink to work.
While training a button, it fails and I see Did Not Train.
I followed all instructions.

Is it so that the frewuency range of the homelink is only 286 to 399 MegaHertz ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I had trouble programming my homelink a few years ago and followed the directions exactly, but no luck. Then I came across a youtube video that showed an extra step for garage door openers with a rolling code. Try this video to see if it helps.

It's been a few years and I can't remember the exact steps I followed, but I believe I had to go to the garage door motor and push the rolling code button when homelink was in training mode.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,436 Posts
I had trouble programming my homelink a few years ago and followed the directions exactly, but no luck. Then I came across a youtube video that showed an extra step for garage door openers with a rolling code. Try this video to see if it helps.

Programming Homelink and rolling code garage - YouTube

It's been a few years and I can't remember the exact steps I followed, but I believe I had to go to the garage door motor and push the rolling code button when homelink was in training mode.

That's typically what you have to do with rolling code doors; you have to engage both the door AND your homelink so they synch up and that is done by pushing a button on the door drive mechanism

Standard wheels
Driver Convenience Group
Leather Interior Group
Sound Group II
8.4 Uconnect (No Nav)
Technology Group

Passed on:
Scat Pack Appearance Group - didn't want grill blacked out
Dodge Stripes - have my own ideas in mind!
Sun Roof - having A/C is "un-muscle car enough!"

·
Registered
413 Posts

Programming Homelink and rolling code garage - YouTube

This I what I've had to do, teach the HomeLink my remote, then teach the opener my HomeLink with the button I just taught from the remote. I have successfully programmed 3 doors into my Homelink.

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
When I first got my car I followed all the instructions and it did not work. What I found out is my garage door opener can only be paired with 7 remotes. I had to have it "Forget" all the remotes and then pair the ones I was using. Once I did that HomeLink has worked like a champ

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That's typically what you have to do with rolling code doors; you have to engage both the door AND your homelink so they synch up and that is done by pushing a button on the door drive mechanism

I know what to do if it's a rolling code but if the frequency range of the homelink is only until 399 Mhz, and my gragedoor is 433 Mhz, it will never work, I think.
But that's why I'm trying to find out, what the frequency range of the homelink of my car is.
If it's out of range, it will save me a lot of searching and trying.
Or it must be possible, to update the Doge homelink, so it will be in the right range.

update: I found this on the homelink site: HomeLink is compatible with radio frequency devices operating between 288 and 433 MHz. Select 2007 and newer vehicles are compatible up to 433 MHz

So I will try again.

EDIT:
no luck so far.
Contacted homelink again nd now they answered this:

Thank you for contacting HomeLink Support. Below is a response to your recent contact with us.

I am sorry to hear the opener does not operate in the range in which Homelink works. By your request the list below explains the frequencies our product operates at.

2008 Challenger most likely has Homelink III.

HomeLink® version III works from 286-322MHz and 336-418MHz. Fixed code and rolling code compatible.

HomeLink® version IV works from 286-322MHz and 336-433MHz. Fixed code, rolling code and serial encrypted code compatible.

HomeLink® version V works from 288-322MHz, 336-434MHz and 868MHz. Fixed code, rolling code and serial encrypted code compatible.

Mailed them again and asked if it's possible to update the software in my car to version IV.
But I don't think it can be done. Maybe you must and can replace the homelink unit in the roof console with the latest version.

EDIT:
Homelink:
I apologize for any inconvenience. You can contact the manufacturer of the vehicle and see if they would be willing to change the version in the vehicle. We just do the programming here, so I would not have a definite answer for you.

OK, I will contact the dealer if they can update the system

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bad luck. My Dutch dealer does not get any update for the homelink system from Dodge US.
Dodge does not authorize such update for the European market.

My only change would be to get a homelink update on CD or a file through the internet so that I can update with a CD or USB-stick.
But I don't know if it's possible that you can update homelink in this way at all.

Maybe somebody here in the US is willing to ask his dealer if it's possible to update homelink system III to homelink system IV and how to???
Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no software update possible

OK, this message from Homelink makes it clear:
The Homelink system is hardware upgraded instead of software. Therefore, connecting to a computer would unfortunately not succeed.

You may be able to convert your opener to 315MHz using a 955cb external receiver and remote control if the opener works on a dry contact. In other words if you touch the two wires leading to the wall control and the door opens, this would work.

Otherwise, I suggest checking out this website and finding out if there are upgrade units available in the Netherlands.

Brandmotion Rear View Cameras, Homelink, Bongiovi Audio & Curb Alert

So, think the best way is to search for a 3 button homelink unit of a 2011/12/13 to replace it with mine, if the buttons remain the same as on my 2008. Think 2011/12 /13 has the homelink version IV or V.
Somewhere in time, Dodge put homelink updated version in the newer models.

If anyone has one, please let me know

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
version type

I can purchase a homelink unit but the numbers on this unit say: 1HT94XDVAA and 1709792-XDVR2CWV3

All sypliers say it's for 2008-2014, are all these untis up to the 399Mhz and won't work with 433,92Mhz?
Is there anybody, with a 2008 model challenger who did get it to work with his garage door on 433,92Mhz?

And, does V3 means Version 3 of homelink, perhaps anyone who knows this?

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Installed new openers and I can't get the system to operate on my 09 at all after
following the steps in the manual repeatedly....

HOT ROD ON

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I give up

bought a separate learning remote, duplicate the original garagedoor opener and that works on my garage door, like the original.
So, the door does not have a rolling code, otherwise I could not duplicate my remote, I guess.
With that new learning remote, I learned the car and the display said "learned" and when I press the cars garage door opener button it says "transmit" on the evic but it does not open my garage door.

End of story.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.