·
Registered
412 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
under statement
his car collection, yeah for real

WOW! Insane money! You need to come down to my level........"Midnight Madness & Test and Tune! MUCH cheaper to have a lot of fun :)

·
Vendor
12,068 Posts
I compete against these guys and have made the Invitational two years in a row

3rd row 7th from the right side

·
Registered
412 Posts
I compete against these guys and have made the Invitational two years in a row

3rd row 7th from the right side

View attachment 978923
VERY impressive! Nice job brother! It also explains your statements.....you are competing against high dollar professional racers. No question on that level....bring everything including the kitchen sink! I race street cars where knowledge wins a bunch!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,746 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I do not have the experience yet , but from all my studies , my build plans have changed from a turbo based beast ........ to a fully built port injection nitrous animal ;) my plan is to start with a plate kit and a 200 shot. Then I’ll build my manifold for injection. There are a few guys on here who love their nitrous and have had very good results along the way. Keep in mind , I don’t have a stock block. I’m running a 392 based 10.3:1 forged 426 stroker. Along with phase four heads , custom cam ,and fbo. I will probably also opt for e85 down the road as well. I like the fact that it’ll just be an na beast 90% of the time. Then , when it’s time to drop the hammer , I’ll flip the switch and give em the good news. As far as a stock bottom goes, I’ve seen a few guys with good success running a 100shot with a good tune and chasing 10’s.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whoah, did you say Phase Four Heads, like the kind from the famed Ford Falcon Phase 4 Project Australia, and from the famous Mad Max meets the interceptor scene?

·
Registered
412 Posts

·
Vendor
12,068 Posts
very small issue, have to be show car and be able to drag race and turn both ways.......;)

·
Registered
412 Posts
very small issue, have to be show car and be able to drag race and turn both ways.......;)
The small issue is no problem. The SMALLER problem is the problem.....can't afford it! lol That's a "rich mans" game that I cannot play. I do wish you much success because you are a Mopar man. But...that sure is a NICE umbrella :)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,746 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
800rwhp hellcats are fast from a roll but at the strip (at least my track in AZ) they struggle to hook. Which makes it fun when my little stock bottom end nitrous 5.7 on a tire, runs them from a dig and they can’t catch up. Fun to see hellcat owners scratch their heads when I say it’s a 5.7 on a small shot.
I always like to build my cars around the power I want to make rather than make the power then build the rest. Always start with gears, suspension and wheels/tires then throw power at it. My 2¢.

Great minds think alike my friend. I’ve put many a Hellcat on the trailer at the track with my Baby 5.7 on a $100 shot. I’ve got the plaques and time slips to prove it also. The real kicker that pisses nearly everyone off. I row my own gears.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whats my point? I was told (see above) that an NA motor will get it "doors blown off" by cubic inches and forced induction". And "there is no substitute".

Those statements are accepted by people with little actual racing knowledge. But they do however write big checks based on those statements.

My point is that many times..."less is more". With massive power, it required massive traction. I learned racing in mud pits many years ago that the right air pressure and technique will make excessive HP look stupid. I have first and second place trophies to prove it.

Those "blanket statements' are simply not true.

I see MANY people that spent BIG money that get DUSTED often with BIG power. They are so frustrated, pissed and confused. Teach them the tricks, right setup, and they go fast.

I never said that no one should boost their cars. It's your vehicle and your money. There are SERIOUSLY fast cars out there owned by people that know what they are doing. If you have the money to spend...who cares.

I win most of my races. It is frequently against people with more power. I can tell you the victory is more satisfying when on paper....you should lose.....but you win anyway :)

I just want folks to know that you don't need forced induction to go very fast. You just have to do your homework.....WORD.
you seem to need a cookie or some kind of recognition that you think you're the only one who realizes that traction is important.

all things equal in the traction and driver ability departments....a NA car would have a hard time rolling against a forced induction car.

so please stop trying to “school” is with your vast drag racing knowledge and your first place mud pit trophies.

😁

41 - 60 of 69 Posts