Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Honestly, and this is just my opinion, Im not a fan. I like bigger aftermarket wheels as it is so thats the main thing, but Im not a fan of the vinyl stick on enhancements. But if you like it, thats all that should matter. Youre still gonna turn heads in a challenger as it is.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the opinions-I just got laid off so aftermarket wheels are a ways out. I am still on the fence about them. I just drew a pattern and had my vinyl guy hook me up, only $10 bucks so not to bad. I will see if they grow on me:)

·
Banned
863 Posts
Thanks for the opinions-I just got laid off so aftermarket wheels are a ways out. I am still on the fence about them. I just drew a pattern and had my vinyl guy hook me up, only $10 bucks so not to bad. I will see if they grow on me:)
Listen man, for 10 bucks you made "ok" wheels look darn good.
Sorry you got laid off, if you are creative enough to do a 10 dollar nice make-over, your job hunt will be short!
Good luck!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think it looks good. I HATE my chrome clad wheels and would love to get rid of them. I have seen the vinyl on Ebay and thought about it.

Can you show some closer pictures? They look pretty good.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Hey, understandably not everyone can afford $2000 wheels and tires, its all about making the car your own with whatever means you have at your disposal. Good mod on stock wheels. Sorry to hear about the job.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm a college student and it would be hard for me to justify a wheel purchase. I think this mod looks absolutely incredible! I would get it done in a heartbeat (so long as it holds up). I think its creative, unique, and looks fantastic! Nice job, man.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
looks nice and for $10..wow!

·
Banned
675 Posts
Honestly I like it a lot, nice job

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Looks great, especially for the price. Nice job!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I think it looks good and personalizes the car a bit, which is a plus.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Looks good, not sure what they look like in real life especially up close. you like it then alls good.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
I like it. They remind me of the Weld wheels.

Ya know, there is a guy over on the lxforums who painted the inside of his wheels black. So many people liked the idea that they began copying it. Chrysler seeing so many people doing it, did it themselves and it's now the same wheels that you find on the Inaugural Edition 392 Challengers. It's dubbed "The legmaker mod" after the screen name of the guy who first did it. I think with your mod, that we may now have a "Shortmag mod" coming soon. :thumbsup:

PS: If the positive responses to this thread are any indication, I'd get together with your vinyl guy and start selling them on eBay. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.