Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something that has bugged me since I picked the car up a year ago. The front of the hood on the drivers side sticks up the slightest bit above the fender and front facia. I thought it was the Mopar CAI that might be holding it up but that does not appear to be the case. Looking closer at it the passenger side rear of the hood sits a little bit low. So my thought is I need to shim the passenger rear which should lower the drivers side front.... Does this sound right? Anyone else have experience with this issue? This is one of those things that the more I look at it the more I need to fix it! Thanks in advance!
Brian

·
Super Moderator
16,469 Posts
The are height adjustment bumpers (left and right) - you'll probably need to lower (screw down/clockwise) the drivers' side and raise the passenger side - it may take a couple of tries, but you'll get it.

If you look on the underside of the hood, you'll see the dimples where the bumpers support the hood and their corresponding area along the front radiator support - they have some body color paint on them. It doesn't take much adjustment may 1/4 to 1/2 turn to get things where they need to be.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I will try that first. If I push down with very little pressure on the drivers side the hood will go to where I would like it to be but of course when you let off it returns to the undesired position. I will see what raising the passengers side does.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts