Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post here after a long time of lurking.. I'm picking up my 2017 Scat pack tomorrow and am super excited to see how fast she is. I've been looking at the photos on the main page of the dealer website and comparing it to online pics as well as the dodge main site pictures and have noticed that my 2017 scat pack looks like it has only one air scoop in the middle, while the online photos and dodge's sites photos have it as 2 scoops. Is there a difference in hoods between the years or has the hood been changed on the scat im picking up? It's a brand new car so I'm just a bit confused. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thats just the angle you are seeing it at. If its a regular Scat Pack its the R/T style hood. If its a T/A it will have a singular pronounced scoop in the middle. Shakers have the shaker hood, and Hellcats have a singular scoop with two recessed air exit ports on the sides.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Hey guys, first post here after a long time of lurking.. I'm picking up my 2017 Scat pack tomorrow and am super excited to see how fast she is. I've been looking at the photos on the main page of the dealer website and comparing it to online pics as well as the dodge main site pictures and have noticed that my 2017 scat pack looks like it has only one air scoop in the middle, while the online photos and dodge's sites photos have it as 2 scoops. Is there a difference in hoods between the years or has the hood been changed on the scat im picking up? It's a brand new car so I'm just a bit confused. Thanks in advance!
I'm seeing the same R/T Hood on all three.

The second image is potato quality on a white car, so everything is melded together and looks weird.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats just the angle you are seeing it at. If its a regular Scat Pack its the R/T style hood. If its a T/A it will have a singular pronounced scoop in the middle. Shakers have the shaker hood, and Hellcats have a singular scoop with two recessed air exit ports on the sides.
I'm seeing the same R/T Hood on all three.

The second image is potato quality on a white car, so everything is melded together and looks weird.
08 to 18 are all the same, fitment is all the same and dont forget with the SRT style T/A hood you can make it functional with ths T/A ram air kit
Luke

Hope its just the potato quality because i love the dual scope look.. guess I'll finds out tomorrow when i pick it up! Thanks guys

·
Vendor
12,274 Posts
Hope its just the potato quality because i love the dual scope look.. guess I'll finds out tomorrow when i pick it up! Thanks guys
fits this hood

which originally came on 2015 and newer SRT and now on the 2017 T/A Challengers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's why i was confused originally, since im getting the scat pack wouldn't make any sense for it to be a SRT or T/A hood lol.. Like I said I'll see it in person tomorrow when i go to pick it up. Hopefully dual scoop or I'll be asking some questions of the dealer lol

·
Vendor
12,274 Posts
That's why i was confused originally, since im getting the scat pack wouldn't make any sense for it to be a SRT or T/A hood lol.. Like I said I'll see it in person tomorrow when i go to pick it up. Hopefully dual scoop or I'll be asking some questions of the dealer lol
all the standard hoods, SXT, R/T and Scat Packs look like this

·
Vendor
12,274 Posts
in 2017 there are at least 3 more hoods available and in 2018 4 more from the factory
Luke

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
I wish my Scat Pack came with the SRT hood, like the Charger Scat Pack does, I just like to look better, that's all. Same with the Brembos, Challengers have grey ones, Chargers have red ones.........why not put the same red ones on both?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish my Scat Pack came with the SRT hood, like the Charger Scat Pack does, I just like to look better, that's all. Same with the Brembos, Challengers have grey ones, Chargers have red ones.........why not put the same red ones on both?
Agree with the brembos especially since my interior is red and would have been a nice touch, as for the hood not a big difference to me..

·
Super Moderator
15,397 Posts

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
On the brake caliper colors, yes for 2018 there have been some changes.

All R/T, Scat Pack and T/A with 4 or 6-piston Brembos have black calipers standard with red optional for $195.

On SRT 392, no changes. Standard 6-piston Brembos are red as before, nothing optional.

On Hellcat, the standard 6-piston Brembos are again red, with optional colors of black, gunmetal and orange available for $495.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
I personally like the two scoops hood. Looks aggressive, but refined. I already draw enough attention in Mango orange. :wink3:

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I personally like the two scoops hood. Looks aggressive, but refined. I already draw enough attention in Mango orange. :wink3:
IMHO you can't beat the R/T hood. Unless you got a shaker. Now they are functional. Very aggressive but refined. Old school.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts