1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SXT plus
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMAG0590.jpg

IMAG0589.jpg

I don't know the official name (if there is one): The little rubber strip where your hood rests and prevents slamming metal on metal. Mine is torn, not sure how and currently flaps in the wind if I don't reposition it precisely before closing the hood. I would love to replace it myself and avoid going to the dealership at all costs. I HATE my dealership with a sickening passion. Pretend my dealership is ran by up selling con men that just want to charge me $40.00 for a plastic rivet. So, what would you do to fix this?

A guy at AutoZone said they don't sell anything like that (was looking for a cut to size gasket) He said his tore on his GTI and he just used Gorilla Super glue to glue it back. I don't really want to do that, thinking that right now is my last resort. Tried searching part websites like CarID and couldn't find anything.

I would rather order the part online and install a new one myself. The trouble is, I'm not sure what it is called. There may be a thread all about this, but I couldn't find it under the key word search "Hood Gasket" "rubber strip for hood" etc. I'm not exactly handy with car repair, but would like to learn - even if it is trial and error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :grin2:

·
Registered
624 Posts
I would order the part from a dealer and install yourself. If there is a harbor freight near you they sell the rivet gun and rivets you would need to install the new one. Same thing happened to me in my 2010 SE

Reactions: CaptainJeffro81

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
This a well know problem with our cars. I had mine changed after a couple of years. Order it through Amazon or Steve white motors. Think it's about $27. You'll a rivet gun though. I don't know the exact name either. Maybe go to the vendor section and post it under Steve white motors and ask Luke.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2015 SXT plus
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This a well know problem with our cars. I had mine changed after a couple of years. Order it through Amazon or Steve white motors. Think it's about $27. You'll a rivet gun though. I don't know the exact name either. Maybe go to the vendor section and post it under Steve white motors and ask Luke.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Thank you sooo MUCH!! :grin2: I found it on the Steve White Motors website: "SEAL TO HOOD - 2011 DODGE CHALLENGER (68051392AA)"

http://www.stevewhiteparts.com/dodge/challenger/68051392aa/2011-year/se-trim/3-6l-v6-flex-engine/body-cat/bumper-and-components-front-scat/?part_name=seal-to-hood[/url

1 - 4 of 4 Posts