Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The drivers side of my hood doesn't sit flush with the fender and its driving me nuts. Its not that much but I'm constantly aware of it. I tried adjusting the hinge but there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust it up and down like on older cars. I adjusted the front stopper and that sits even but the hood is higher than the fender. I had the dealer check it and they said they couldn't make it any better and showed me another R/T with the same issue. I'm frustrated to say the least. Anyone with the same problem?:scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Maybe one less illegal or pound of drugs will solve the problem. Sorry man couldn't resist with those other threads going on right now.

If this offended you or you want me to delete this post just say so and it's gone. Just trying mellow it out around here a little.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I had similar issues with mine when I first got it, and quickly grew impatient trying to adjust it myself. Of course I was only adjusting the driver side stopper. In the end I did find some patience and just kept playing with BOTH of the stoppers and it now sits pretty good.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Look up the problem with original t/a and aar hoods. Sounds similar. I feel like if the things like this aren't exclusive to one car, and it seems to be a small problem throughout the line, its almost better to leave be. Thats the type of thing looked for in original restorations at the big money auctions.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe one less illegal or pound of drugs will solve the problem. Sorry man couldn't resist with those other threads going on right now.

If this offended you or you want me to delete this post just say so and it's gone. Just trying mellow it out around here a little.
No offense taken, we all need a laugh it seems.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had similar issues with mine when I first got it, and quickly grew impatient trying to adjust it myself. Of course I was only adjusting the driver side stopper. In the end I did find some patience and just kept playing with BOTH of the stoppers and it now sits pretty good.
I adjusted the stoppers and it has no effect other than towards the nose. I definitely don't like the way it looks because if I see it others must notice it too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts