Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have opinions about whether or not I should or shouldn’t have a hood pin kit put on my sublime green 2019 shaker scat pack?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I recently installed them on my car. I personally like the look. I have owned several vintage Challengers and Cudas with hood pins. Just a nostalgic throw back thing. These pins are simply cosmetic in nature, they perform no real function. It took me a couple of months to get up the nerve to drill the holes. The installation wasn't bad. Just had to be slow and careful. I like the old school look.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Yes you should, but I'm biased. Welcome to the forum. Post pics of your shaker -- if I was to cheat on my redheaded shaker it would be sublime :)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,796 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
930 Posts
I love the Hood Pin look. I installed them on my 2010 SRT8. If I didn’t have the hood wrapped on my Redeye I was going to install on it.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
493 Posts
Do it! I think hood pins look awesome.

Your toughest decision will be whether to get chrome or black.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m going to hire it done, bro. I cannot stomach the thought of chucking up a 1-1/4 hole saw and going to work on a brand new hood. You could call me a chicken.....

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
I’m going to hire it done, bro. I cannot stomach the thought of chucking up a 1-1/4 hole saw and going to work on a brand new hood. You could call me a chicken.....
Definitely takes guts!

The Upfitter does the installation on factory orders after leaving Brampton.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You’ll know REAL quick when you close that hood anticipating putting those pins in. What’d be the prognosis of your sanity if the holes didn’t align with the pins? That’s readily in the forefront of my
mind and that’s why I’m going to pay a hundo to get it done!!!

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
296 Posts

Another pro hood pin member. Ordered them as an option from the factory. Gives the car another level of badassery.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,796 Posts
Luke's video is in post #5 ;) He shows how it's done best. of course, looks like he's done a few

A Guy

1 - 20 of 29 Posts