·
Registered
828 Posts
Reactions: sick'r bee

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Dude...............

Don't want to be sarcastic but, you get what you pay for, those look way too cheap really, I know that the others are expensive (what is not for a Challenger?) but just save your money and buy the "good ones"
Just saying......................

David

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't want to be sarcastic but, you get what you pay for, those look way too cheap really, I know that the others are expensive (what is not for a Challenger?) but just save your money and buy the "good ones"
Just saying......................

David
Well that's why i was asking if anyone had used these before

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hood pins are hood pins. I think its retarded to pay upwards of 200-300 bucks for a pair of them. I have 10 dollar ones from autozone. Look just as good and serve the same purpose

Reactions: KaptainSpaulding

·
Premium Member
11,800 Posts
The reason the Mopar ones are so expensive (minus having Mopar name on them lol) is placement of the pin and how it looks when you open the hood.

To me, when you open the hood this looks nicer:

Then this:

Now I know that 300 is a LOT for hood pins when universal kits are a whole lot cheaper. The Mopar kit requires no custom mounting, simple and clean.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The reason the Mopar ones are so expensive (minus having Mopar name on them lol) is placement of the pin and how it looks when you open the hood.

To me, when you open the hood this looks nicer:

Then this:

Now I know that 300 is a LOT for hood pins when universal kits are a whole lot cheaper. The Mopar kit requires no custom mounting, simple and clean.
Those pics don't seem to be a good argument, I think the last pics looks better/more secure. Having the hood pin mounted to the plastic surround like that doesn't look like a great idea. But the last pic does block the beer can holder.

·
Premium Member
11,800 Posts
Those pics don't seem to be a good argument, I think the last pics looks better/more secure. Having the hood pin mounted to the plastic surround like that doesn't look like a great idea. But the last pic does block the beer can holder.
Well, the pin isn't mounted to the plastic. The Mopar units come with a plate that goes underneath the plastic:

That doesn't look to sturdy in the picture, but everyone I have seen once installed has been sturdy.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Well, the pin isn't mounted to the plastic. The Mopar units come with a plate that goes underneath the plastic:

That doesn't look to sturdy in the picture, but everyone I have seen once installed has been sturdy.
Well, seeing that picture and it not blocking the BEER HOLDER, it is the SUPERIOR design!:thinkerg:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Get the cheap ones and watch them rust after the first wash.
They're stainless steel genius. And I've had them for 3+ yrs, not the first bit of rust.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Another option is just buying the brackets from Petty Racing for 100 bucks or so, then choose your own pins. The mounting location and brackets are very similar to the Mopar design. I used them on my last RT however, I wouldn't use anything but genuine Mopar pins if I decide to add them in the future.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Get the cheap ones and watch them rust after the first wash.
Dude, don't take this the wrong way but do you ever have something positive to add to the conversation? I've read many threads where all you do is slam on people and their ideas. Lighten up a little, life is too short and at the end of the day these are just cars. You can still provide input without coming across like an A$$ who thinks he knows it all, which I'm sure you are not, . . . . . but in reading many of your posts, that's the way it comes across.
just saying . . . .

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have the pins from dales and love them. They are replicas of the old school style and that is why I bought them. I've had mine for right at 2 years, no issues what so ever . . . .

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Another DCS pins user and here's why;1) correct location for "Classic positioning" IE they are 3" in from fender and 6" back from hoods front just like the 70-74s, the Mopars and Pettys (Mopar actually uses Petty mounts but you can get direct from Petty AND can have a fine thread rather than the course threaded boss that comes on/with Mopars), these are positioned at 3" in from fender and 3" back from hood edge like the 70-74 Plymouth Cudas. Why is this important? Well the Cuda had no "hood notches" like the Challenger does/did so 6" back puts them behind the notches, no biggee but I AM a retro purist!2) That placement ALSO means that the pins go through the SIDE of the sandwich hoods lower part NOT the front and looks really much cleaner install (and if you have a custom hood like mine without the drain holes that are on the OEM it REALLY makes a visual differance. 3) you can use any hood pins with this setup, but the ones that come with it are quite good, I just changed the hairpins to vertical eyes on mine, those flop over pins are not made left/right and flop around (IMO tractor inmplement pins), and I also had my top plates powder coated black whopping $20 to have done locally. Also the kit comes with nicer lanyards that can be setup to NEVER touch the paint so you decide which is best/better for bucks mine was decided when DCS first offered these, and by da way they were also FIRST to offer any "kit" for the Challenger. :D

Reactions: Retro_R/T

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Dude, don't take this the wrong way but do you ever have something positive to add to the conversation? I've read many threads where all you do is slam on people and their ideas. Lighten up a little, life is too short and at the end of the day these are just cars. You can still provide input without coming across like an A$$ who thinks he knows it all, which I'm sure you are not, . . . . . but in reading many of your posts, that's the way it comes across.
just saying . . . .
Don't like it DON'T READ IT! SIMPLE:bangin:

Or better yet, go here:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist

I added you to mine!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.