Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any info on the hood pins that arrington was working on, had pics awhile ago in one of the posts, were supposedly coming out soon.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just did before they closed.
She tells me to call back in three weeks even tho she does not know ANYTHING about them. They have the absolute worst customer service. Maybe if they have something in stock they are better but I get so much attitude from each person whether email or phone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to 426 hemi

hey clown, this site is filled with good guys helping each other out, so if you want to be a punk ass go to another site:notallthere:

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
hey clown, this site is filled with good guys helping each other out, so if you want to be a punk ass go to another site:notallthere:
Not clowning around...the reason I said call is because,
1. you get better info
2. sometimes you get a better deal
3. sometimes people that are trying to help on here give bad/misinformed info

That being said, I am neither a Clown nor a Punkass...I was actually trying to help a newbie that has only 20+ posts on here. Calling people names will not garner you any help...but I will make an exception.

I think if you call and get the straight scoop from Arrington you will find what you need. Otherwise, try Mr. Norms, as I think their hoodpins are "sourced" from the same place.

"Old School" Functional Hood Pin Kit - Exterior - Modern Challenger and Cuda | Mr. Norm's Garage

Peace,
:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
One word of caution about hood pins. The ones with vinyl lanyards will, in time, rub away the paint where they wrap around the edge of the hood. I know because it happened to my 'Cuda. Stick with the ones without the lanyards.

·
Registered
191 Posts
One word of caution about hood pins. The ones with vinyl lanyards will, in time, rub away the paint where they wrap around the edge of the hood. I know because it happened to my 'Cuda. Stick with the ones without the lanyards.
Sorry but I have to totally disagree.
I've owned plenty of Cuda's, mopars and my '09 Challenger and no scratches whatsoever. Just make sure the cables and pins fall in place without twisting and not tight against the body.

As for MrNorms, unless they have changed they sit too far back by almost 1". The Arrington's are dead on. Willing to wait and pay the premium for that tho plus the wait.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
^^^^^
Arrington gets their hood pin kits from Petty's Garage.

·
Registered
711 Posts
the Arrigton kit, is delayed, the gentleman promoting them has left, I know this as I'm waiting for the plates myself and was teh direct answer from Don at Arringtons.

·
Registered
191 Posts
^^^^^
Arrington gets their hood pin kits from Petty's Garage.
Thanks a ton for that info! I immediately called Petty's Garage, excellent customer service, took my order, had them in stock (no pins included but cost a lot less than Arringtons projected price)and I have a new set of 'ole skool mopar pins already laying around) and already shipped out to me today! i even added a Petty's garage driveshaft loop for my 6 speed while I was at it.

Dales Cuda Shop puts them too far back (farther than Mr Norms). Good price tho

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
I received the Petty's hood pin bases last week and they are of very nice quality. I have not tested for fitment but did see photos of one installed. The boss for the pins is 1/2" coarse thread for your reference.

HemiSam

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
I received the Petty's hood pin bases last week and they are of very nice quality. I have not tested for fitment but did see photos of one installed. The boss for the pins is 1/2" coarse thread for your reference.

HemiSam
Good info Sam! Keep us posted after the install...or better yet, pics of the install...step by step!
:cheers:

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
I'll post something up...no prob. I had to change directions given the specs on the Petty's mounts so I ordered a different set today. Hopefully they'll come in before long.

HemiSam

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
I hope to have a thread up by next week. I started my install. Special shout out to Greg at Petty's Garage. I needed a 1/2" fine thread mount and they made one for me and mailed it out...and I mean fast. Those guys are awesome!

So right now I have a perfectly good aluminum hood with holes in it ;-)

HemiSam

1 - 15 of 15 Posts