Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i installed my jet 180 thermostat today. went smoothly. took it down the road to warm up the engine and came back to check for leaks...

however, when i went to pull up on the hood release under the dash, the resistance (broke) and is now "flimsy"

tried to press firmly down on the hood a few times to see if it would pop up but nothing... not sure how to get the hood open. i'm afraid the dealer would have to take off the front spoiler and bumper cover to get to the hood latch or something. i'm guessing the cable just came off from the hood latch itself. but the hood release is now offering no resistance when you pull up on it. great....

·
Banned
368 Posts
so i installed my jet 180 thermostat today. went smoothly. took it down the road to warm up the engine and came back to check for leaks...

however, when i went to pull up on the hood release under the dash, the resistance (broke) and is now "flimsy"

tried to press firmly down on the hood a few times to see if it would pop up but nothing... not sure how to get the hood open. i'm afraid the dealer would have to take off the front spoiler and bumper cover to get to the hood latch or something. i'm guessing the cable just came off from the hood latch itself. but the hood release is now offering no resistance when you pull up on it. great....
Same thing happened to my dad's Challenger. He had to go to the dealer tow get it fixed.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah that's the plan i think. it's only got 6100 miles on it so let the dealer fix it right. ;) thermostat is doing good though. set high and medium fans to 193 and set low fans to 188. temp is almost always a constant 185 and about 190 when i idle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts