Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how to remove the insert...?
I see no fasteners behind it...I assume there are plastic clips or tabs etc from behind...

Pictures would be great :)
Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
most all the scoop bezels have small tabs - usually slipping a business car between the bezel and the opening will get it free and you can pull the bezel out.

You might have to do lower, get it started, then the upper side if they have them. I removed the scoop inserts on my old 2009 that way

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
most all the scoop bezels have small tabs - usually slipping a business car between the bezel and the opening will get it free and you can pull the bezel out.

You might have to do lower, get it started, then the upper side if they have them. I removed the scoop inserts on my old 2009 that way
Well......that was scary....with a business card I could tell where the bottom tabs were....good idea BTW :)
The thing it, it was BARLEY in there....it almost fell out into my hands!
It actually wiggled around even when snapped in all the way!

Thanx for the idea...I was kinda worried about breaking plastic tabs off as usual LOL

Hare some pix of the tabs...

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
it needs to have some clearance to allow for variations in tolerance, paint and the metal hood and the plastic will expand / contract with heat and cold

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it needs to have some clearance to allow for variations in tolerance, paint and the metal hood and the plastic will expand / contract with heat and cold
I can appreciate that however it literally rattled when I touched it...
I would dare say the fit was "loose"...
My shop wraps vehicles so I have removed and replaced more than my share of trim and I can tell you that it almost fell out into my hands...
And I was concerned about breaking tabs etc...lol
I am wrapping my hood so I will carry the vinyl inside of the hole all the way around so that will probably tighten it up a little :)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,695 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Has anyone tried painting the scoop insert body color? I've thought about taping off the grill and painting the rest. The less cheap plastic the better.

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
Would this approach work the same for the shaker intake?
no - you have to remove the shaker bubble (scoop) and there's small screws that hold those inserts in place

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well....IDK if anybody cares but I decided to show you guys the wrap process on my hood...
Here are some pix :)

Not to the scoop yet but I will post those pix when we get to it...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Instead of trimming those tight corners along the edge we left them long and wrapped them around inside hopefully to discourage it lifting back like I have seen other ones do...
I screwed up and forgot to get pix of that.......oh well LOL

Looking at it completed, I think it needs to be "dusted" black inside the scoop...I don't like seeing blue in there...

I didn't go forward past the hood...I don't really care for that...

I am not sure if I like it or not but the good thing about having a sign shop is that I can change it whenever I want to LOL

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
I remember when the '15's first came out, some dude said he came out from a diner, and his was missing. Either someone stole it, or it fell off some where. I don't think he ever figured it out.

Reactions: Okeesignguy

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's pretty sweet! I'm not into blacked out hoods bt that still looks nice.
Believe it or not neither am I...lol..

I have really gone back and forth deciding to do this for months...

I think the only reason I did is because for me it's DIY...
I literally did it with left over vinyl and I get sick of it I will just peel it off and throw it in the trash...

·
Registered
25 Posts
You did this yourself? I'm impressed! I've never seen a car getting wrapped before. I'm going to have search on YouTube and see what's involved.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You did this yourself? I'm impressed! I've never seen a car getting wrapped before. I'm going to have search on YouTube and see what's involved.
Well....I own a small sign shop and we wrap commercial vehicles...
I didn't do much on this tho, my employee did most of it...
Thank you tho :)

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
They have this cool technique called Knifeless Trimming. I always wondered how the did this!

Reactions: Okeesignguy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,695 Posts
I used knifeless tape when I tinted my tail lights. Ingeniously simple idea

A Guy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts