Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered some functional hood scoops from my Dodge dealership. They are on back order but I got them for $74.00. My question is that the part number they gave me doesnt match up with the part number I have found on this site. I have a 2010 RT. Here is my part number (68046801AA) is this correct or did the parts guy screw it up at Dodge?

Matt

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
This is what the 100+ tips says:
Tip:66_
Functional Factory Hood Scoops for R/T’s

Full Description OEM functional hood scoop bezels Challenger SRT8 and R/T’s. These are the fully functional hood scoop bezels
that allow air to enter the engine compartment. Use these to replace the “dummy” hood scoops on your R/T!

This includes both the LH and RH hood scoop bezel.
PT# 55399338AB
PT# 55399339AB

Here is a link to a do it yourself video on easy installation of replacement hood scoops for the dummies.

2009 R/T Functional hood Scoop Installation!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply, so that part number 68046801AA are both the hood scoops, is that correct?

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Why don't you PM Joe (08 Challenger) He sells them and I'msure he'll know. He's a great guy and I'm sure he'll tell you even though you already bought them elsewhere. He's on right now.

·
Registered
302 Posts
When you order more accessories consider ordering from Mopar Super Center online. The dealer is going to charge you retail and then some. I've caught some of them adding 10 to 15 % to retail. If you are surfing around and find the item at a mopar dealer selling online at a better price than Mopar Supercenter then just tell them where you got the price and they will usually match or come close. I've had real good results using them.

Note that the "functional" hood scoops are not really functional. But they do let cool air enter the engine compartment so are a good addition. I'd like to get my hands on the SOB that made the decision to not include them from the factory (on my 09 RT). They coudn't have cost $2 more than what was there which was a blocking plate.

Don't forget to order a pair of hood struts at the same time. The prop rod has a funny habit of coming loose from the hood when you leave the hood open during a show and the wind catches it. Then the whole shebang comes crashing down------if the hood isn't blown back onto the roof---busting the windshield in the process.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
There is one bad thing about functional hood scoops. they let the dirt in to and you have to clean the top of the engine alot.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was checking these out the other day and saw they were only 2008-2010 on most sites.
Would these still fit a 2011, or should I just wait until the selection on the MOPAR site includes 2011 before I order?

Blueheed

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
There is one bad thing about functional hood scoops. they let the dirt in to and you have to clean the top of the engine alot.
....never noticed an increase in dust/dirt when I installed mine (and I'm quite anal about such things). Frankly, I question how much air actually flows into these vents (if at all). In my case, I just didn't like the idea of having fake plugs where the "scoops" should be.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I have had them from the get go but after I put stuff under the hood that's DWB and black you can really see dust and pollen on them and if your going to show anyone under there you have to spend 20 min. or so cleaning it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts