Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,482 Posts
There are pre-made kits that come with everything you need IIRC, search around and you should be able to find a link to those here somewhere.

I drilled out the scoops on my 2011 and put some LEDs behind them and tied them into my turn signals so they would illuminate amber with the blinkers: Hood Scoop Turn Signals v2.0

I did it again with my 2010, but I used incandescent bulbs instead of LEDs, which you would not want to do since your car’s bulbs are all LED anyway.

If you don’t tie them into the turn signals, you’ll need to figure how and when you want them to get power. That is surprisingly more complicated than you’d think, depending on the power source you decide upon.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,515 Posts
There are pre-made kits that come with everything you need IIRC, search around and you should be able to find a link to those here somewhere.

I drilled out the scoops on my 2011 and put some LEDs behind them and tied them into my turn signals so they would illuminate amber with the blinkers: Hood Scoop Turn Signals v2.0

I did it again with my 2010, but I used incandescent bulbs instead of LEDs, which you would not want to do since your car’s bulbs are all LED anyway.

If you don’t tie them into the turn signals, you’ll need to figure how and when you want them to get power. That is surprisingly more complicated than you’d think, depending on the power source you decide upon.
I thought about running them of my halos (white ones) then I realized the wire has to run to the back of the hood, towards the wind shield and then all the way to the front of the car and either be hidden or look neat and said "screw it" right there.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Here my thread from when I did RGB lights in my hood scoop and interior:

I think the only thing I probably didn’t talk about in the threads is I added a tiny DPDT toggle switch down below the steering wheel; the switch is so I could have three modes: Hood & Interior powered, interior only powered, and full off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts