Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys there is a thin rubber seal under the nose of the hood which is attached to the front bumper cover. How do you get it off? I'm trying to remove it so the vinyl wrap guy can get a better wrap on the nose. I tried to pull one of the plugs or rivets out and it popped the head off.

·
Premium Member
10,036 Posts
They are a plastic one time use rivet. You'll need to buy (pricey) new ones and the gun to install them.
Drill out the centers carefully like a standard rivet.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey guys there is a thin rubber seal under the nose of the hood which is attached to the front bumper cover. How do you get it off? I'm trying to remove it so the vinyl wrap guy can get a better wrap on the nose. I tried to pull one of the plugs or rivets out and it popped the head off.
you can get the plastic rivets gun and rivets at harbour Fraight for If my memory is still working. you just push down on the center of the old rivet to push it through the bottom of the rivet.

Reactions: Yellow Jacket 2012

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
We use a scratch awl to push out the centre pin , out the tip of the awl onto the centre of the plastic rivet and just give the awl a hot with your hand or a hammer. Then pull the rivet out.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much. Wasn't positive if they was rivets or retaining clips. So once I get them out do you think cheap retaining clips would work for the seal or put the rivets back in.

·
Premium Member
10,036 Posts
I'd put rivets back as they'd hold it in place better.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thanks so much. Wasn't positive if they was rivets or retaining clips. So once I get them out do you think cheap retaining clips would work for the seal or put the rivets back in.
Put the rivets back

Harbor Fright POV rivet tool (plastic rivet tool) comes with 40 assorted rivets pard. # 97757 for 15.99
They sell a box of Assored sizes for 9.99 or a box of 20 with all the same size for 2.99

Once you have the tool there are many other body parts the use plastic rivets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts