Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not convinced I installed them correctly. I put the one that said "Left" on the driver's side (facing the car), and the "Right" on the passenger side.

·
Banned
197 Posts
I don't remember, but does the part that attaches to the hood move? I ask because I have red on driver's side and green on passenger side.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I don't remember, but does the part that attaches to the hood move? I ask because I have red on driver's side and green on passenger side.
That's why I said fat side because it's kinda confusing what's what. What I call fat part is the cylinder and I have on the hood and the piston side I have going to the fender. That's what the instructions I got said but if I remember right the part # from MOPAR showed left and right backwards.

·
Banned
197 Posts
That's why I said fat side because it's kinda confusing what's what. What I call fat part is the cylinder and I have on the hood and the piston side I have going to the fender. That's what the instructions I got said but if I remember right the part # from MOPAR showed left and right backwards.
I have mine installed with the fat side to the hood and the skinny side to the fender. What the heck?

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,512 Posts
The "sides" of vehicles are done as if viewing the car from behind. The left is the driver side, the right side is the passenger side.
The picture shows the correct orientation of the hood struts from my interpretation anyhow. They have been on there for a while and work perfectly anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
That's how mine looks too. I also know normal car talk left is drivers side but for some reason I was thinking when I installed these it seemed like they were labled in the part cat. wrong but like I said if they are holding the same weight and the hood is on the fat side it shouldn't matter.

·
Banned
197 Posts
I wonder if some of the shocks were reverse-labeled. Mine are installed as shown in the pics (the only way they would go on correctly, if memory serves) and are holding just fine. :)

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I don't have the hood up much but mine seeem to be fine too, I think the main thing is to have the cylinder side to the hood and the lettering is pretty big with an arrow showing were the body is.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've opened and closed the hood a few times and it seems to working just fine. Just went out and took a few pics. I'll try and post up later.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I've opened and closed the hood a few times and it seems to working just fine. Just went out and took a few pics. I'll try and post up later.

Yep, if you've got the 'fat cylinder' part towards the hood, they will only go on one way. You must have nailed it. (This was my first mod and it actually worked pretty easy for me and I'm no where near a mechanic)

·
Registered
977 Posts
Here is how mine is installed and it works great.

I also drilled out the rivet for the hood brace and covered it with a left over scrivet.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I didn't have to drill out anything. There was a hole already there and the ball was self threading . It looks like you have an RT so I don't know why you had to drill out a rivet.
It was for the hood brace... No need for it with the struts and it looks much cleaner.

Before

After

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Ok I see your talking about takeing that hood prop rod out. I thought a first you had a SE and they didn't have the hole but in a later picture I saw it was a 5.7 and know it was a RT. I still haven't removed my hood prop.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts