Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever added hood extractor vents to their stock challenger hood?? Where do you cut? Here is an example below, you can see right above the 53 on the hood there are vents. Looking at my hood it doesn’t seem obvious where I should cut underneath....any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trackspec, talk to John

we measure and created and image on the top of the hood, base on the best less structured area, and tape up everything and cut

we have installed a number of these now

Ok so how do I determine which areas are less structured? Right now I’m guessing either the middle or sides are less structured, but with the sides I feel like I shouldn’t put heat extractors right in front of the hood intakes.

·
Vendor
12,556 Posts
Ok so how do I determine which areas are less structured? Right now I’m guessing either the middle or sides are less structured, but with the sides I feel like I shouldn’t put heat extractors right in front of the hood intakes.
look on the bottom of the hood, you want an area where there is no or very little sub structure
Luke

·
Registered
188 Posts
Would a Hellcat vent work?

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
936 Posts
Just take the hood off :)

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just don't blame the factory when water leaks in and rusts some critical component as has happened in the past here.
Car doesn’t see rain so not really an issue for me

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,235 Posts
Sub'd.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,644 Posts
Any better, closer pics of the underside of the hood on the 2nd car Luke? For A Knight of course, not for my curiosity :)

A Guy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts